Ingersoll Rand TRANE - HVAC Controls Technician - Wilmington, MA in WILMINGTON, Massachusetts
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for HVACControls Technicians:
- Traneis recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building ControlsSystems
- Highlycompetitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cashcompensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicatedto a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimitedopportunities for career development and promotions
- Determinedfocus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the companywhere everyone wants to work)
- WorldClass continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-widecommitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizationalencouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Latemodel, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smartphone
This role isthe primary service and maintenance contact for Ingersoll Rand/Trane Customers ina defined market with a diverse commercial base including Healthcare, ProcessManufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions and Office Complexes. In this extremely unique role blending yourHVAC and Controls knowledge, you will be responsible for retrofitting newsystems, diagnosing, and repair of environmental-control systems, utilizingknowledge of electronics, direct digital control, airflow, hydronics,refrigeration theory, and control and mechanical techniques in diversecommercial settings. Additionally, youwould be expected to engage in retrofit and repair of environmental-comfortsystems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, andmechanical layouts. It serves to Promote and Maintain Customer Relationshipsthrough delivering world class customer service. Trane/Ingersoll Rand affordsyou the opportunity to work directly for a leading manufacturer giving youaccess to technical support, training on newest technology and comprehensivecareer paths with opportunity for growth.
- Establish& maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workersthrough effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer,and face to face
- Responsiblefor end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning,and servicing on assigned projects.
- Representsthe company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible forservicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customersatisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment andsystems at customer’s location.
- Performscheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys,and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment orsystems as need or requested by customers. Communicate with Customer and or Project Manager inspection/servicefindings.
- Coordinateswith team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for allon-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts,forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Responsiblefor servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customersatisfaction to include training and follow-up training.
- Usescutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools,following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repairunits.
- Continuallyenforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security andaccountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear andconditions.
- Organizesand complies with all pertinent documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthlybasis to successfully manage the businesses required reports.
- Independentlymanages daily business needs by identifying parts to order for repairs anddetermines the urgency of the requirement.
- Keepscurrent on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance,service, and repair of direct digital controls and HVAC mechanical systems.
- Initiatesthe direction of the customer to the appropriate sales contact as necessary.
- Displaysteam effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to workovertime and weekends as the business requires, including occasional overnightstays.
- A HighSchool Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in control/mechanicalsystems, or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) andexperience are required.
- Operatingknowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand heldcomputer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
Mustpossess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major orfrequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUIin the previous 5 years
Hit& Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smallerinfractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
EPACertification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installeretc.).
- Thisposition requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited tomechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposureto extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock(high voltage).
- Thisposition is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers,walking, stooping, and kneeling. Itrequires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently liftand or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: WILMINGTON-Massachusetts
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 7, 2019, 10:56:09 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.