Ingersoll Rand Application Engineer-Trane in WILMINGTON, Massachusetts
AtIngersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. Weadvance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficientenvironments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & AirConditioningandARO®- work together toenhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport andprotect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity andefficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainableprogress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane has a new exciting opportunity to join our organization as an Estimator.In this position you will be working with building owners providing estimatesand quotes for HVAC service projects. Trane always focuses on a total solutionto provide our customers with the most energy efficient buildings!
- Overseeing the cost estimates consisting of materials, sub-contractors, purchased equipment, labor (start-up, service work, etc.), and other construction-related activities and collaborate with Account Managers in bidding on or determining price of project.
- Assists Account Manager with determining the need for out-sourced engineering involvement. Supports the tech lead program including assisting and estimating of opportunity development, record keeping and reporting.
- May perform estimating costs while overseeing other projects. Develops detailed scope based on Account Managers design-build scope. Creates detailed cost estimate based on detailed scope.
- Responsible for the take-off and pricing of purchased equipment to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, etc. Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects. Maintains competitive advantage by staying current with industry standards.
- Develops the scope of work for sub-contractors. Optimizes job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for materials and services. Documents work by maintaining files for each job. Responsible for holding job pre-bid meeting with Account Managers to review scope, strategy, etc.
- Creates detailed cost estimates including system sketches, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, preliminary proposal, vendor/sub-contractor quotes, and points list. Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology preferred with minimum of three years’ experience in estimating, engineering, construction management; or Associate's degree in engineering, engineering technology or business management
- 0 to 3 years experience in estimating, engineering or construction management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of all facets of construction including mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, etc. preferred. Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of running projects on time and on budget.
- Experience working directly with building owners is a plus.
- Must be able to travel locally
Weare committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well asvalues the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, inturn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
Ifyou share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts inhow people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: WILMINGTON-Massachusetts
Other Locations: North America-United States-Massachusetts, North America-United States-Maine, North America-United States-New Hampshire, North America-United States-Rhode Island
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 9:04:19 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.