Ingersoll Rand Material Planner in VIDALIA, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for purchased material planning process from placing purchase order, follow up with supplier to deliver product to production assembly lines and/or service parts. Plans engineering change and coordinates into production when appropriate. Provides other support to production and management as required. Responsible for purchased material planning process for nonstandard and drop shipments from placing purchase order, follow up with supplier to deliver product to production assembly lines and/or a drop shipment location.
- Plans all purchased parts within responsibility area. Make decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, and capacity. Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels to support production plan.
- Places and maintains purchase orders for raw materials within responsibility area. Works with suppliers to expedite or defer materials as dictated by changes in internal and external customer requirements and to meet production and inventory objectives. Works independently with suppliers to manage material supply to ensure on time deliveries.
- Plans Service Parts requirements for purchased common material to meet external customers variable demand.
- Facilitates problem resolutions with Accounts Payable related to purchase orders/ invoicing and pricing.
- Maintains accurate purchase order information in the ERP system. Modifies order release due dates, quantities, and closes purchase orders, etc, based on planning demand.
- Plans engineering changes to ensure ECN instructions are clear and compiled. Works with Production and Purchasing to stop procurement of material affected by change. Keeps designated engineers informed of ECN implementation status; coordinates proper rotation of inventory to minimize scrap/reworked parts at incorporation time. Reviews bill of material changes and updates ERP system with planner, lead times, order policy information to ensure proper planning of new parts into production. Establishes effectively dates and monitors inventory levels of new and old parts to minimize cost impact. Facilitates the Engineering Change until incorporation.
- Represents Production Planning and Analysis at various meetings and relays related information to production planning and analysis staff. Collects information, complies into standard formats, prepares monthly reports and other management reports as requires.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, quality control, and planning processes.
- Mainframe and personal computer experience a plus.
- Ability to understand manufacturing engineering processes and to interpret blueprints.
- Must possess good mathematical skills and the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: VIDALIA-Georgia
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 1:13:10 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.