Ingersoll Rand TRANE - Controls Technician in VALLEY VIEW, Ohio
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
In this position you will be installing (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing, and programming environmental control systems while providing top tier customer service for all internal and external customers. In order to perform your tasks you will utilize your knowledge of HVAC Systems, control devices, basic computer operation, electronics, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, direct digital controls, airflow, hydronic systems, IT networking, and building control techniques.
- Responsible for end to end testing, programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Setup the graphical interface and establish network for the control system.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Has basic knowledge of computer networks, IP addresses and Ethernet communications.
- Able to use Microsoft Office programs, such as Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, with ease and speed.
- Understanding of basic and advanced mechanical systems and their associated sequences of operations.
- Coordinates with team leader, project managers, and customers to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing onsite work.
- Able to communicate effectively with contractors, customers, electricians and other trades on construction projects.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, screwdrivers, wire strippers and electrical meter.
- Able to understand mechanical drawings, electrical diagrams and interpret to actual equipment and systems.
- Keeps current on BAS products, including installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of systems and devices.
- Ability to work with third party equipment/controls and understand BACnet, Modbus and other building automaton communications
- Maintains an ongoing aspiration for knowledge by taking responsibility for their personal development, training and learning
- Takes full advantage of Ingersoll Rand and Trane resources to develop and maintain knowledge and skills required to be a top level Controls Technician
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- Able to travel out of state for training or working with other offices in the Trane Company.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in HVAC or Controls or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different back grounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: VALLEY VIEW-Ohio
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 27, 2018, 11:17:13 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.