Ingersoll Rand Material Planner in TRENTON, New Jersey
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Material Planner is responsible for managing raw material and component purchases and their timely delivery to the manufacturing plant to support the assembly operations. The Material Planner will centrally coordinate with enterprise strategic procurement, supplier representatives, logistics, scheduling, engineering, quality, finance and assembly operations teams to solve problems, improve processes and key metrics.
- Plans purchased raw material and components by category and supplier. Responsible for maintaining optimal inventory levels to support production requirements and inventory turn goals.
- Executes orders and oversees supplier fulfillment compliance. Analyzes complex internal & external conditions leveraging tradeoffs to make decisions to expedite, defer or cancel delivery of goods to achieve prioritized goals.
- Facilitates problem resolution with Accounts Payable team related to purchases, pricing discrepancies and receipt to invoice reconciliation.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly and annual standard work processes to support rigorous inventory management, supplier relations, data cleanliness and operational effectiveness.
- Facilitates phase-in/phase-out projects associated with design changes, value-engineering, supplier sourcing changes and product lifecycle.
- Actively participates in lean projects, A3 problem-solving projects and Kaizen events.
- Experience in supply chain planning, demand planning, logistics, purchasing.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and mathematics.
- Experience with major ERP platforms, Microsoft Excel skillset must include pivot tables, lookup functions and charting.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, quality control, production planning process warehousing or inventory control.
- Ability to understand manufacturing engineering processes and to interpret blueprints.
- Bachelor's degree required. Key Competencies: We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: TRENTON-New Jersey
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 26, 2018, 11:51:46 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.