Ingersoll Rand Technical Trainer in ST PAUL, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This Controls Technical Trainer has responsibilities that include the following: develop, plan, deliver and organize instructor-led technical training programs to meet Trane Commercial System's needs. This role will provide instruction for customer and Trane field Controls/Service Technicians on a variety of Trane commercial products and systems. They will analyze learning needs and partner with subject matter experts as necessary to provide input for delivery of course content as well as plan and coordinate skill assessments and training. The position will also test and facilitate training sessions during introduction-phase of new programs. Typically up to 75% of time is spent developing and delivering training. The position is located in St. Paul, MN.
- Deliver classroom instructor-led and web based training on assigned topics in St. Paul, MN and regional locations.
- Develop technical courses using instructional systems design methodologies.
- Assist in evaluation and updating of all training courses.
- Perform setup, troubleshoot, and maintenance of classroom equipment.
- Acquire subject matter expertise in assigned control products and maintain expertise.
- Assist engineering in new product development activities.
- Minimum of 35% travel required in support of customer, corporate, and field office training events, more as needed.
- Ideal candidate would have 3 years as a Controls Technician, with experience in the installation and programming of HVAC building automation systems and related controls.
- Associates or a specialized vocational degree in HVAC/Controls or similar technical discipline.
- Training/Instructional design development experience is preferred.
- Instructional system design/development experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of software tools including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Etc.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience with Trane products such as Tracer SC/SC , Tracer ES/Ensemble, Tracer TU, Tracer Summit, and unit controllers a plus.
- Experience with I.T. technologies, networks (LAN/WAN), Microsoft Windows Server technologies/SQL server a plus.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to widely varied audiences
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing demands and priorities.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team-focused environment.
- Ability to effectively handle pressure, time deadlines, and audience variables.
- Effective organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Must be self-sufficient and a self-starter who requires minimal direction.
Physical ability to carry instructional equipment of up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate HVAC equipment, computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is required to stand for at least 90 minutes at a time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Candidate must have the ability to travel independently.
This position works in a typical office and HVAC Controls lab environment. The noise level in the office work environment is usually low with noise levels in the lab being moderate to high. Typically 30-35% travel is required in support of customer, corporate, and field office training events.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ST PAUL-Minnesota
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 10, 2018, 9:48:21 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.