Ingersoll Rand Project Developer in ST PAUL, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- The Project Developer could be responsible for Acquisition Support and development of Design-Build Turnkey, scope development and pricing for customers. This position requires mastery of acquisition, technical aptitude and project management skills.
- Directly execute the Project Acquisition process for Design-Build Turnkey opportunities.
- Ability to audit an existing mechanical system and recommend solutions to improve.
- Ability to understand construction methods/practices and communicate and direct subcontractors in an effort to obtain critical proposal information.
- Ability to use appropriate manner, personality, and outlook to effectively work with customers to solve their problems. Selling skills a plus, but not necessary.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in Project Management and it's processes.
- Serve as a role model in consistently utilizing and advocating the Trane Policy Guide, related tools and systems.
- Continually validate the effectiveness of the Design-Build Turnkey and PC processes and identify and develop improvements.
- Responsible for secured customers from Project Development through project transition.
- Assist and support all efforts of acquisition and customer satisfaction.
- Support Territory Leadership on an as-needed basis for efforts including training, consulting and business direction.
- Provide marketplace feedback, including competitive information, customer expectations, industry trends, etc.
- Provide sound "Business Judgement". Weighing risk and reward in conjunction with the District Leadership Team.
- Travel required.
- Ability to meet short-and long-term deadlines.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work regularly and dependably.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate ability to perform mental tasks such as making decisions , learning, thinking rationally and exercising good judgement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree in Engineering, Technical or Business Required.
- Systems/HVAC/Controls background.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in owner-direct acquisitions role.
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience.
- Minimum of 8 -10 years in HVAC/Systems/Controls experience
- Minimum of 5 year in Performance Contracting/ESCO experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications . Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions service personnel.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ST PAUL-Minnesota
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 2, 2018, 2:53:26 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.