Ingersoll Rand Tool & Die/Machinist – 1st in South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Tool & Die/Machinist will work in the Machine Shop set up and operating equipment. This employee will work with minimum supervision fabricating/repairing various process dies, sharpening production parts/tooling and be responsible for tooling management within the Tool & Die department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Build dies and tools
- Work with high speed stamping machines
- Troubleshoot and repair existing dies and equipment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including team involvement
- Must be able to train operators on daily Operator Preventive Maintenance
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- 5 to 10 years as a tool and die maker with 5 years on fin dies experience
- Ability to work all shifts/flexible working hours
- Knowledge of Hydraulic/pneumatic systems desirable
Self-starter and motivated to maintain Die PM program and willing to maintain process equipment as needed (30%).
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: -South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 27, 2018, 1:57:23 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.