Ingersoll Rand Electro/Mechanical Technician – Maintenance 2nd in South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The technician is a highly-skilled position that involves a combination of electrical and mechanical duties. This position will involve installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining a variety of equipment. This includes power, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Must be willing to work any shift.
- Makes major electrical, mechanical and construction repairs and installation involving schematics and/or blueprint interpretation
- Troubleshoots related issues to component level for Fanuc, Siemens, Allen Bradley and other brands of controllers
- Dismantles machines, replaces defective parts, reassembles machines and makes necessary adjustments to ensure efficient operation
- Determines root cause of failures and recommends preventative actions
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Utilize computer maintenance management system to maintain equipment records and work order history
- Communicates consistently with internal customers regarding status of equipment in shop
- Prepares bill of materials on jobs requiring major material use and initiates purchase requisitions
- Uses various material handling equipment such as hoist, carts, lifts, fork trucks
- Maintains a clean work area and ensures all tools are in good working order
- Follows all safety protocols while performing maintenance duties.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment while handling multiple priorities
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, with self-directed work skills
- Experience with electrical, welding, plumbing, mechanical repairs, etc.
- Must have knowledge in operating systems, PLC’s and HMI systems
- Use of the PC to monitor for troubleshooting PLC, drives, control circuits, file saving, uploading and downloading
- Electrical safety, electrical print reading, standard control circuits (pushbutton, relays, etc.)
- Uses test equipment such as meters, computers, etc. to determine the causes of electrical failures
- Must have good interpersonal skills and interface with all departments with the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds in a team environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years Mechanical exp.; 2-3 yrs. electrical/electronic exp.
- Minimum 4 years manufacturing experience
- Ability to program Allen Bradley & Siemens PLC control systems
- Knowledge of Fanuc robot setup and programming
- Motor control & CNC maintenance experience highly preferred
- Candidate must be willing to work in all functions of the maintenance department
- Overtime may be required even when not scheduled in order to get high priority equipment up and running
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: -South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Evening Job
Posting: Aug 27, 2018, 1:58:43 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.