Ingersoll Rand Service Client and Administrative Specialist in SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position is the entry-level selling position, along with service fulfillment functions, which gains the necessary communication, selling, negotiation, and technical skills to transition to outside sales. Role includes sales support from the time of inquiry to delivery, which requires parts identification, quoting, order confirmation/purchase order receipt, pricing, order processing, expediting, and problem solving. Inside sales specifically focuses on cold-calling, inactive accounts, and competitive equipment. This role will also include estimation and proposal generation, in collaboration with the service sales team. As the ISS Representative becomes more experienced, he/she is able to continue to support the outside sales force with more depth in lead generation, market intelligence, and contact with current customers. For the most experienced, they may be assigned to Special Projects, which require hands-on supervision of highly complex orders or those that require significant coordination with external entities.
- Proactively contact current and potential customers to generate sales of HVAC services.
- Generate estimates and proposals, and follow up with customers and outside sales team to ensure proposals successfully transition to orders. Manage these orders to ensure delivery schedule is achieved.
- Act as key customer contact to provide information to customers on complete sales cycle from quote through delivery.
- Target inactive and competitive accounts for conversion. Develop, sell, and convert accounts to recurring revenue service contracts. Utilize parts program to obtain business.
- Facilitate introductions of customer contacts to other Trane Sales Team for opportunity and customer development.
- Manage outside purchases expenses effectively and efficiently. Order required parts.
- Ensure environmental, health and safety compliance.
- Maintain customer survey program; contact customers for survey compliance.
- Maintain technician lead/quote program.
- Assist with customer problems and/or needs.
- Ensure that all paperwork, purchase orders, rental agreements, etc. are maintained to respond to customer inquiries timely and ensure internal process requirements.
- Prepare all sales and activity reports, presentations, studies and research as requested.
- Aid service fulfillment team with internal decision-making, customer support,customer account setup, CRM data files, anddispatching technician team.
- Attend sales meetings and report activity, account development, and upcoming itinerary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Some HVAC and/or mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus – understand the need, solve problems, and respond in an efficient manner
- Organizational skills – ability to manage time, prioritize, plan, and multi-task.
- Proficiency in computer applications required; ability to navigate and proficiently use internal software programs will be needed after hire.
- Physical Qualifications:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform in an office environment and effectively communicate with others. This is primarily an office position, with some time required for site visits and parts procurement.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: SIOUX FALLS-South Dakota
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 18, 2018, 12:24:00 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.