Ingersoll Rand Product Manager, Oil Free Rotary in Shanghai, China
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to join our Compression Technologies & Services business unit.The Product Manager will be responsible for the product line strategy/roadmap, managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering and operations to deliver growth.
The Product Manager will work with sales and marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met, and that product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals. The Product Manager will be fully responsible for – and accountable to – meeting or exceeding Ingersoll Rand’s organic revenue growth targets, maintaining or growing market share and expanding contribution margin for the assigned product/service lines.
IN-LINE: Product / Service Management
- Support standard management routine activities pertaining to Product Growth Teams including management of meeting cadence, measuring metrics, conducting analytics and utilizing an effective visual management system.
- Conduct regular industry, market and competitor analyses, including detailed segmentations of end consumers and customers
- Actively engage in sales, inventory, and operations planning activities bringing demand insights based on input from industry, market and competitor analyses
- Coordinate with territory sales and marketing teams to review and adjust the marketing strategy, plan (including targeted programs and promotions) and countermeasures for all existing product/service lines based on performance
- Recommend enhancements to existing product or service offerings based on customer feedback, product/service line reviews or opportunities for productivity improvement
- Support the monthly/quarterly P&L analysis and course correction plan development in order to exceed plan targets
- Support and provide business input to lean transformation efforts across assigned product/service line value streams
GDLO: New Product / Service Launch Process
- Lead/coordinate efforts to understand unmet customer needs for new products/services or line extensions and make recommendations on the product/service features that need to be developed/included
- Lead the execution of the analytics required to determine recommended launch pricing and pricing policies for new or updated products/services or extensions
- Coordinate with the marketing and sales teams to develop and implement a marketing strategy and plan (including targeted programs and promotions) for each new or updated product/service or extension
- Lead the launch of new or updated products/services or line extensions and ensure that all the volume, profitability and quality targets defined in the respective business cases are met or exceeded
- Provide leadership to drive consistency in New Product Development (NPD) process, Value Engineering (VAVE), quality and reliability to meet and exceed customer expectations
STRATEGY: Product Line Management
- Conduct regularly scheduled, customer-focused product line reviews of all product/service lines under management, enabling effective decisions related to product lifecycle management (including product rationalization)
- Prepare "business pulse" and financial reports on assigned product/service lines on a regular basis to keep portfolio managers and business leaders informed of progress on volume, profitability and quality targets
- Lead the execution of regularly scheduled, customer-focused, multi-generation reviews for all assigned product/service lines
- Develop and maintain in partnership with engineering a technology roadmap for all assigned product/service lines
- Quantify growth opportunities that would allow IR to participate in markets that are growing faster and most profitably
- Conduct analysis to examine competing opportunities and initiatives and make trade-off decisions on which opportunities & initiatives to pursue as part of the overall strategy
- Five years of progressive product management experience required. 10 years of product management, strategic marketing, and P&L leadership experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Experience in industrial equipment and Lean Six Sigma business environment preferred.
- Product Life-Cycle Management – Understanding of how products move through their lifecycle and how to maximize margin at each stage
- Strong Business Acumen and experience building strategies
- Sales and Marketing knowledge – Building marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Customer and Channel Strategy – Capable of analyzing end user and channel segments to identify and target the most profitable segments
- Pricing Strategy – Determine product line pricing objectives, policies and strategies consistent with the overall portfolio and business strategy
- Strong analytical and financial skills to allow you to make decisions around product and/or service offerings to accelerate profitable growth
Primary Location: Shanghai-China
Job: Product Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 26, 2018, 8:34:33 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.