Ingersoll Rand Software Engineering Manager in SARASOTA, Florida
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
At Club Car, we are developing Golf, Utility, and Personal Transportation Vehicles (PTVs) which integrate intelligent mobility and disruptive innovation. Over the past decade, wireless technologies, off-board systems and in-vehicle systems have fundamentally advanced to perform limitless functions to deliver connected features helping Golf, Utility, or PTV vehicle operators make informed decisions about their next golf swing, trip through the neighborhood or community pathways while providing infotainment, safety, and enhanced diagnostic information.
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for building Club Car’s connectivity software capability development, delivering NDP connectivity solutions, and leading a team of software engineers in Sarasota, FL, Augusta, GA, and Austin, TX. Youwill work closely with team members both within Sarasota and Augusta, GA sites to architect and develop next generation connectivity solutions. You will partner with business Product Growth Team (PGT) leaders to develop strategic roadmaps and will lead new programs to deliver priority product software projects. You will oversee the development of middleware and application development/integration for new products. Youwill also work closely with key technology supplier/partners and be continuously assessing state of the art technologies in the areas of mobility, connectivity, telematics, and infotainment.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Leadership of all technology and program development efforts related to connectivity software solutions.
- Champion software engineering technology strategy to enable the PGT vehicle level product roadmaps. Define and develop people skills, perquisite tools/technologies, and other capabilities to deliver.
- Closely partners with hardware development team leaders to launch driver/middleware implementation and debug.
- Collaborate with leaders in other Strategic Business Units (SBU’s) across Ingersoll-Rand to find synergies and both product and process improvements which drive engineering productivity and differentiated solutions for our customers.
- Proactively drive and secure intellectual proper including invention disclosures, case filings, and office actions.
- Ensure technical due diligence, including leadership of appropriate design reviews.
- Develop engineering standard work for software development.
- Manage external engineering partners when appropriate for specific projects. Manage team of software engineers across 3 sites including job assignments, technical oversight, performance management, developmental actions and merit budgeting.
Essential Skills or Knowledge:
- Leadership of software teams delivering embedded systems.
- Experience with interoperability techniques and standards in in-vehicle embedded systems
- Experience with network communication protocols and transport protocols
- Experience with analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to navigate through working teams across multiple departments
- Experience in use case modelling and use case design reviews
- Knowledge of cloud based application integration, enterprise application integration and service oriented architecture concepts is a PLUS
- Experience with prioritizing tasks on hand by evaluating long term implications
- Experience in supporting a system or component through the product lifecycle to launch
- Experienceimplementing vehicle communication bus protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc.), along with software integration.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (Masters preferred)
- Requires 10 years embedded real-time software product development
- Strong personal leadership, change management and ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally.
- Developer of talent and capabilities; great people leader. Can select and lead both people with deep expertise and people with breadth.
Experience and capability in:
Systems Engineering or Control System Design experience is a plus.
- Programming languages such as C#, java
- Microsoft development tools and .NET framework
- Intimate experience with the Android API, e.g.: activities, fragments, services, content providers.
- Experience writing multi-threaded/asynchronous code; solid understanding of process and thread model in Android applications and server-side Microsoft environment
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: SARASOTA-Florida
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 9, 2018, 7:05:41 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.