Ingersoll Rand TRANE - Controls Technician - Rocklin,CA in ROCKLIN, California
Ingersoll Rand is a company whose people and businesses around the world create progress for our customers in the global climate control, air conditioning and heating, industrial and security markets. These markets continue to expand as they address growing needs in developed and developing economies alike. Our products, systems and solutions increase the efficiency and productivity of industrial, commercial operations, homes, and improve the security, safety, health and comfort of people around the world. We have opportunities for career growth through our diverse businesses, which manufacture many well-recognized brands including Club Car , Ingersoll Rand , Thermo King and Trane . In every line of business, Ingersoll Rand enables companies and their customers to inspire progress. For more information about Ingersoll Rand, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
The Air Conditioning Systems and Services business of Ingersoll Rand provides heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems that enhance the quality and comfort of the air in homes and buildings around the world, under the Trane and American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning names and brands.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for Controls/Service Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone
This role is the primary service and maintenance contact for Ingersoll Rand/Trane Customers in a defined market with a diverse commercial base including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions and Office Complexes. In this extremely unique role blending your HVAC and Controls knowledge, you will be responsible for starting and commissioning new systems, diagnosing, and repair of environmental-control systems, utilizing knowledge of electronics, direct digital control, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and control and mechanical techniques in diverse commercial settings. Additionally, you would be expected to engage in retrofit and repair of environmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. It serves to Promote and Maintain Customer Relationships through delivering world class customer service. Trane/Ingersoll Rand affords you the opportunity to work directly for a leading manufacture giving you access to technical support, training on newest technology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity for growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as need or requested by customers. Communicate with Customer and or Project Manager inspection/service findings.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction to include training and follow-up training.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Organizes and complies with all pertinent documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to successfully manage the businesses required reports.
- Independently manages daily business needs by identifying parts to order for repairs and determines the urgency of the requirement.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital controls and HVAC mechanical systems.
- Initiates the direction of the customer to the appropriate sales contact as necessary.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in HVAC; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress, for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate, then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: ROCKLIN-California
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 12, 2018, 4:49:08 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.