Ingersoll Rand Direct Sales Manager in RALSTON, Nebraska
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life bycreating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people andour family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance thequality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect foodand perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are aglobal business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduringresults. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
IngersollRand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverseworkforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualifiedprotected veterans.
AREA SALES MANAGER
Functions as the Trane Nebraska Area Sales Leader for the Service and Controls revenue streams. Responsible for developing and maintaining long-term customer relationships while maximizing account penetration and customer retention. Sales constitutes all the processes and functions required for obtaining inside/outside sales and ensuring customer satisfaction of owner direct customers. Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related degree from four-year college or university; and five (5) years related experience in a sales leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions/roles may be assigned.
- Overall responsibility for the following functions: customer and service sales management, new customer acquisition, customer satisfaction measurement, price management, marketing, maximizing account penetration, market penetration, customer retention, hiring and on-boarding of new sales associates, setting quotas, accurate sales forecasting and consistent use of Trane sales tools and systems.
- Responsible for achieving annual objectives regarding profit, volume, business mix, and share.
- Monitor, measure, and modify process and process measurements to effectively and efficiently meet customer needs.
- Responsible for determining ancillary product needs/relationships that complement Trane core products.
- Required to work with Account Managers and Account Team Leaders to establish required skill sets, talents, and capabilities.
- Assembles teams and interacts with Account Managers with differing business development requirements, customer focus, experience, sales cycles, and product portfolios.
- Required to interact with the Operations Department to ensure smooth hand off of projects to the Project Fulfillment processes.
- Utilizing established Talent Management process, conducts performance appraisals in concert with Account Team Leaders to identify developmental needs, validate performance versus goals and objectives, recommend promotions, training, and disciplinary actions.
- Establishes and maintains sales compensation plans within company guidelines for direct sales account managers.
- Manages on going performance by monitoring and coaching Account Managers’ effectiveness and efficiency in relation to project attainments, customer service, customer relationship development, and business profitability.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and sales team as needed.
- Responsible for internal communications flow to Account Managers and Account Team Leaders.
- Leads the development and the execution of the sales business plan.
- Responsible for sales manpower planning
- Responsible for the implementation of new service sales processes, products and systems to support the growth and management of the service revenue stream.
- Responsible for modeling and reinforcing the business’ vision, mission, business values and people values.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related degree from four-year college or university; and five (5) years related experience in a sales leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personaland financial goals. We offercompetitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensivebenefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture thatengages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of ouremployee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions andenhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing aboutbold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong withIngersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: RALSTON-Nebraska
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 15, 2018, 6:14:37 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.