Ingersoll Rand Shipping & Receiving Leader in PUEBLO, Colorado
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
TheShipping & Receiving Leader plans, organizes, and monitors storageand distribution of all items received from suppliers or production shops;ensures smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located anddistributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner asneeded to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
TheShipping & Receiving Leader is responsible for providing daily planning,guidance and supervision to direct reports in shipping department as well as ateam of inventory control analysts.Thisposition will assist in managing inventory to hit target levels of perpetual,WIP, FG and OSMI inventory.TheLeader must also supervise shipping and receiving operations and maintainrecords of all pertinent documentation.
- Recommend improvements to reduce cost and drive productivity within the department while achieving the targeted goals.
- Manage shipping & Receiving performance KPI’s and coach MDI Process.
- Provide leadership in selecting, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Create and maintain standard work.
- Maintain personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish receiving/warehouse mission in an effective and efficient manner. Interview and recommend applicants for hire.
- Organize activities & assigning jobs accordingly to the staff requirements.
- Plan and coordinate work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of team leads and team members; ensure their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; Coach, record, and discipline as necessary. Develop Team Leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned Team Members.
- Maintain an equipment structure and level to accomplish the receiving/warehouse and shipping mission in a safe, effective manner. Provide appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials. Research material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability, and cost.
- Work closely with inbound and outbound logistics to coordinate the most efficient delivery schedule from suppliers.
- Oversee and review the accuracy of shipping documentation in accordance with all trade compliance regulations.
- Identify and implement cost reduction measures to drive operational efficiency.
- Manage suppliers and service providers that support site-specific shipping functions.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience within operations, shipping/receiving, or warehouse management environments.
- Uses data analysis and excellent processes to help predict problem areas and identify areas of opportunity.
- Working knowledge of moving inbound and outbound freight and leveraging freight consolidation techniques.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, with excellent supervisory skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, ERP systems, and related logistics software.
- Strong leadership skills to drive continuous improvements in the shipping & warehouse operations.
- Strong analytical & organizational skills: very detail oriented and be good with numbers.
- Solid interpersonal skills: ability to motivate staff and to interact with various departments throughout the organization.
- Resourceful, can find solutions to unusual problems and meet customer needs.
- Strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Expertise with working with Logistics including, Carriers, Freight Forwarders, and Vendors.
- Leads Authentically.
- Builds Talent and Capability.
- Coaches for Performance.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: PUEBLO-Colorado
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 5, 2018, 2:53:37 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.