Ingersoll Rand Equipment HVAC Estimator - TRANE in Ontario, Canada
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane has a new exciting opportunity to join our organization as an HVAC Equipment Estimator within our Equipment Operations team. This opportunity allows you to work at a company that challenges you to innovate and encourages you to apply your talent and knowledge; where you're empowered and expected to make decisions that propel business growth.
This position is required to closely interact with customers, account manager(s), other assigned project managers, technicians and suppliers to ensure timely completion of assigned estimates and project execution. Responsibilities include technical selection and pricing of equipment for each project. Must be able to provide estimating support to equipment sales team.
- Performs construction plan review or other requirements as determined by project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all of the customer’s facility requirements.
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing facility-related solutions for the customer’s problems. Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet the entire customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with Account Manager, Project Manager, Sub-contractor, Supplier, and/or customer.
- Coordinates selection, pricing, and integrates equipment, controls, and services for each project.
- Prepares, finalizes, and reviews preliminary and/or final proposal complete.
- Helps Account Manager determine proposal price and selling strategy.
- Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project Scope Validation.
- Helps Account Manager develop project fulfillment schedule with project team.
Qualifications:Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology or business management with three (3-5) years experience in estimating, project management, engineering, HVAC or construction management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have strong communication skills, proactive approach with willingness to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proven experience prioritizing tasks in order to meet tight deadlines within a high paced environment with attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Familiarity with the operation of HVAC Systems and/or Temperature Controls preferred.
- Flexibility to work overtime/ weekends, as required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedure manuals and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, customers, and service personnel.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works occasionally in a typical office environment with occasional visits to job sites which includes outdoor work and work in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the job site visits, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Ontario-Canada
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 26, 2018, 11:19:50 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.