Ingersoll Rand Compressed Air Service Technician - Omaha in OMAHA, Nebraska
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Ingersoll Rand Is The Best Company for Service Technicians:
- Ingersoll Rand is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for Compressed Air Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle
The Field Service Technician serves customers by installing, trouble shooting, repairing and maintaining all makes of rotary screw and reciprocating air compressors, along with additional compressed air system components. You will use precision measuring tools for diagnostic trouble shooting of compressed air equipment. In addition, you need to have knowledge of all operations and parts manuals associated with all equipment.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
- Provides technical assistance on equipment start-ups, installations and repairs of compressed air systems. Including “hands-on” work to assure equipment operates to customer’s requirements.
- Able to read wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
- Serves as technical support for customers and Customer Service Managers.
- Documents service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklist and daily time sheets.
- Increases Ingersoll Rand customer’s awareness of how Ingersoll Rand products, services and solutions; such as Package Care, Preventative Maintenance, Diagnostics, Audits and Leak Detection can benefit their operations.
- Maintains rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Ensures proper operation of compressed air equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and 47 point inspections on a wide variety of compressors, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers and additional compressed air components.
- Works with Service Coordinator on ordering and gathering parts and supplies necessary to complete installations and repairs.
- Conduct safety assessments of a continuously changing working environment.
- Daily travel to customer sites, occasional overtime, and sporadic on-call emergency service is required to meet customers’ needs.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of trouble shooting industrial /commercial mechanical systems.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. iPad).
- Candidates must have their own set of standard tools.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to: DUI in the previous 5 years, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (Refrigeration experience/certification a plus).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: OMAHA-Nebraska
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 29, 2018, 4:10:44 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.