Ingersoll Rand Procurement Program Manager in North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities.
Project leader responsible for multiple Procurement projects, working with cross-functional teams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans for productivity and continuous improvement projects. Partner with Commodity teams to assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements. Responsible for monitoring active projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate. Investigate, coordinate and communicate project changes. Identify gaps to goals and collaboratively develop and support countermeasures and activities to close the gap and exceed targets. Support Commodity teams goals by leading and executing supplier rationalization, quality and delivery improvement projects. Work to align strategies between commodity and Sector localization, plant rationalization and similar.
A permanent full-time vacancy is open for a Procurement Program Manager reporting to the Senior Procurement Program Manager, Supply Chain. This position will be based in Essen, Germany.
Manage and coordinate suppliers to meet company's goals in regards to quality, delivery and cost.
Responsible for plant procurement goals and metrics including productivity, supplier rationalization, supplier quality and supplier on time delivery, addressing any gaps in achieving targets. Overall coordination for total site productivity.
- Project manager for multiple procurement projects, working with cross-functional teams and applying IR standard work to execute implementation plans for productivity, continuous improvement and new product development (NPD) projects.
- Ensure alignment of commodity strategies with sector and plant strategies and requirements. Responsible for sharing plant and sector specific strategies with commodity teams.
- Evaluate IR business needs against supplier capabilities in order to select the preferred suppliers who meet quality, cost, and delivery requirements; leverage commercial knowledge to navigate and manage supplier relationships and contracts.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting and reporting of procurement financial metrics including productivity and inflation. Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan for productivity projects, targets and initiatives.
- Active participant in sector/plant productivity gate reviews ensuring that required cross-functional resources are allocated to execute projects as outlined. Partner with Commodity teams to assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements.
- Participate in and represent Procurement function during plant or product Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE) or Major Model Review (MMR) events. Responsible for collecting and communicating commodity actions following event.
- Responsible for deploying procurement standard work within Essen Plant (supplier scorecards, risk assessment, MDI visual board…).
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with min 5 years of previous work experience in a diversified industrial company in the areas of procurement, engineering, project management, quality, finance and/or operations. Strong understanding of the procurement processes at an operational and leadership level.
- Demonstrated ability for independent thinking and multi-tasking. Proven ability to plan pro-actively, anticipate issues and have excellent problem resolution records with little or no input or assistance. Excellent follow-through. Proficiency in computer applications including industry-related software and tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong influencing and negotiating skills across organization. Possess strong interpersonal skills. Ability to lead, develop and motivate staff; foster team dynamic.
- Languages: German & English proficiency level.
- Experience in International sourcing experience, running large complex cross functional projects a plus. Experience in supplier development, materials management, and/or supplier quality a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: North Rhine Westphalia-Germany
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 20, 2018, 6:30:12 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.