Ingersoll Rand Global Product Manager, Sourced Products in North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
We have a very exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial Product Manager to join our team. You will lead the Sourced Product portfolio for the Compression Technologies and Services SBU. This portfolio identifies, cultivates and manages strategic supplier relationships in an effort to capitalize on market growth trends, new technologies, adjacent products and technologies and existing portfolio opportunities.
You will be responsible for product strategy, cross-functional team leadership (internal and supplier), life-cycle management, multigenerational product plans, new product development programs, commercialization, customer research, cultivating strong supplier relationships, and go-to market strategy. In addition, you will be fully responsible for – and accountable to – meeting or exceeding Ingersoll-Rand’s revenue growth targets, maintaining or growing market share and expanding margin.
We are seeking a high-energy, results driven product management professional capable of articulating a strategic vision and executing that vision to deliver business results. You must have excellent communication and executive presence, and be seeking an opportunity to grow and develop on a general manager track with a leading diversified industrial company.
- Lead a sourced Product Growth Team (PGT). This is a cross functional team including the Product Manager, Operations Leader, and Engineering leader focused on driving profitable share growth.
- Lead product line strategy and long range plan development, P&L and annual operating plan for product lines. Effectively manage tradeoffs between short and long term product line performance as measured in revenue, margin, and market share.
- Develop and execute channel strategy aimed at developing and maturing channel capability to drive growth in market coverage and closure rate to enable product line to reach its entitlement in the market.
- Actively manage day to day needs of product line and strategic supplier, with particular focus on identifying and delivering profitable growth opportunities.
- Develop and execute a multigenerational product plan (MGPP) for product line, ensuring that the product positioning, pricing, cost, margins and customer value proposition support the overall equipment strategy and direction.
- Collaborate with other leaders and product managers to ensure product line strategy is in alignment with peer portfolio’s roadmaps and supports broader equipment, life-cycle services and system sales initiatives.
- Collaborate with market research team to understand customer needs, and define the customer “Critical to Quality” specifications (CTQs) for product line and associated systems to support new product development programs (NPDs)
- Initiate and support business cases for NPDs that execute elements of MGPP.
- Collaborate with the sourced program manager and cross-functional product development teams to deliver projects on time, meeting CTQs, on budget.
- Collaborate, create and execute the marketing and commercialization plans for new product offerings.
- A minimum of 5 years of technical sales, commercial or product marketing experience – P&L leadership preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of leading and influencing teams and driving favorable outcomes
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Sound program management, analysis, problem resolution, teambuilding, judgment and decision making skills
- Bachelor's degree required. Technical bachelor’s degree preferred.
- MBA or Master’s degree with marketing experience is beneficial.
- Experience in the Compressed Air industry and Lean experience preferred.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: -North Carolina
Job: Product Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 3:27:13 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.