Ingersoll Rand Apprentice Technician (New Orleans) in NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana
At Ingersoll Rand, we're passionateabout inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life bycreating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people andour family of brands— including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, ThermoKing®,Trane®, AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - worktogether to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Ingersoll Rand, a worldwide leader in the engineering, production and servicingof industrial compressed air systems is seeking an individual to join ourrapidly growing service business. As a Compressed Air Service TechnicianApprentice, you will complete a structured learning/development programconsisting of hands-on learning and practical field-coaching experience. ServiceTechnician Apprentices receive a blend of technical learning and soft skillscurriculum, coupled with experience in the field, to become successful ascertified Service Technicians following this 12-month, paid program.
Why Ingersoll Rand Is The Best Company for Service Technicians:
- Ingersoll Rand is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for Compressed Air Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation·
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)·
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance·Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)·
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, iPad and mobile phone
As a Service Technician Apprentice,you will train to do the following:
The Field Service Technician servescustomers by installing, trouble shooting, repairing and maintaining all makesof rotary screw and reciprocating air compressors, along with additionalcompressed air system components. You will use precision measuring tools fordiagnostic trouble shooting of compressed air equipment. In addition, you needto have knowledge of all operations and parts manuals associated with allequipment.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers. Provides technical assistance on equipment start-ups, installations and repairs of compressed air systems. Including “hands-on” work to assure equipment operates to customer’s requirements.·
- Able to read wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.·
- Serves as technical support for customers and Customer Service Managers.
- Documents service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklist and daily time sheets.
- Increases Ingersoll Rand customer’s awareness of how Ingersoll Rand products, services and solutions; such as Package Care, Preventative Maintenance, Diagnostics, Audits and Leak Detection can benefit their operations.
- Maintains rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Ensures proper operation of compressed air equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and 47 point inspections on a wide variety of compressors, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers and additional compressed air components.
- Works with Service Coordinator on ordering and gathering parts and supplies necessary to complete installations and repairs.
- Conduct safety assessments of a continuously changing working environment.
- Daily travel to customer sites, occasional overtime, and sporadic on-call emergency service is required to meet customers’ needs.
- Desired applicants will have completed a diploma or degree program in Electrical/Electronics Technology or HVAC, with basic knowledge of some or all of the following: AC/DC circuits, wiring diagrams/schematics, motors/controls, PLCs, HVAC electricity, controls, refrigeration systems and/or refrigerant certification. Candidates who possess this knowledge or skills but have not completed a formal program may be considered.·
- Travel to our corporate training facility in Davidson, NC is required throughout the Apprentice Program
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand-held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in previous 5 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (Refrigeration experience/certification a plus).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well asvalues the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, inturn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you.
1. Visit careers.ingersollrand.com
2. Search keyword “CompressedAir Service Technician Apprentice”
3. Choose your desired location(relocation not provided)
4. Complete our online application
Primary Location: NEW ORLEANS-Louisiana
Shift: Day Job
Type: Entry Job/Early Talent
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 8:26:58 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.