Ingersoll Rand Operational Excellence Senior Change Agent - Trane Sales, Nashville in NASHVILLE, Tennessee
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionateabout inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life bycreating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people andour family of brands—includingClubCar®,IngersollRand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,AmericanStandard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes andbuildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Supporting the Value Stream staffand sales district members, under the direction of the Value Stream Coach, thisposition is responsible for supporting the Lean transformation and dailymanagement initiatives in the assigned sales offices by ensuring strategies areimplemented and principles/practices/tools are incorporated in the culture andprocesses under transformation. This position implements and supports actionsthat bring about improvements which may include, but are not limited to safety,customer value proposition, quality, delivery, cycle, growth, margin expansion,and inventory.
To support the Value Stream Coachand Value Stream in implementing lean transformation and daily managementacross the value stream including:
- Implementing tactical strategies to achieve the desired vision
- Executing against long and short-term objectives to support the value stream’s goals
- Working with necessary site personnel to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles
- Assisting in the change of systems/processes as required in support of the Lean initiatives
- Utilize value stream mapping techniques to design optimal information, material, and production flow methods
- Excellent team facilitation skills
To act as a change agent to bringabout improvements in the manufacturing or transactional process through theactive support, participation and leadership of Rapid Improvement Events;includes:
- Owning pre and post standard work
- Participating in, co-facilitating or facilitating projects, events and “just do-it’s”
- Participating in gemba walks and coaching employees on continuous improvement, standard work development/modification/adherence, flow, takt time attainment, and problem solving abnormalities causing takt misses
- Providing necessary training specific to Lean Transformation tools and methodology (under the guidance of the Value Stream Coach
- Helping update and maintain visual performance tools, including mission control and MDI boards
- Following up on action plans
- Assisting all teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained
- Able to mentor and facilitate lean culture change in an environment with varying acceptance.
Executing key activities as part ofLean Transformation and daily management including tasks such as
- Conducting value stream analyses
- Conducting cycle time analyses, time studies, line balance improvements, work place analysis and improvement
- Creating and implementing standard work, and teaching/coaching line leaders to do the same
- Obtaining required fixtures, tools, work aids, poke yokes to support work place changes
- Implementing / coaching the use of cell control boards and other visual management tools
- Assisting operations in problem solving issues affecting takt attainment
- Resolving issues after Rapid Improvement events to achieve desired state
- Ability to assign priorities in a fast-paced and change environment.
To support the launch of allactivities needed to incorporate Lean Transformation and daily management intothe Value Stream culture; includes:
- Assisting in identifying on-going training needs
- Supporting communication of the direction of Lean Transformation and daily management initiatives to employees
- Utilizing the IR change management model, drive the lean culture transformation for the Value Stream
- Ensure high levels of engagement for RIEs and Value Stream
- Drive OpEx culture change through coaching of employees and leaders to drive lean behaviors, and follow the principles and practices of OpEx
Track all changes/improvements madeto provide Value Stream Leadership/Management the assurance that changes areeffective and lasting, includes:
Examining and evaluating the areasafter improvements are implemented Posting/updating results to the MissionControl
- Reviewing new procedures/controls and appraising the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and working with the Value Stream Coach, Site Leader, Department Managers and Supervisors to resolve any issues that might arise during implementation and/or maintenance phases
- Monitor and report on key metrics
- Other duties as identified by the Value Stream Coach to further the site’s Lean initiative
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with various audiences at the site level.
- Ability to effectively facilitate a group’s activities and discussions using a defined process.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, general business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to create standard work documents, operational procedures and visual work aids
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, supervisors and managers at the site level
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing related safety requirements.
- Must be viewed credibly as either an informal leader or a positive influencer of change
- Must be a self-motivated learner
- Must possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to mentor team members and facilitate change from a position of Influencer
- Ability to energize and motivate teams
- Ability to recognize conflict and take appropriate action within scope of the role
- Ability to use simple statistical and graphical tools such as pareto analysis
- Ability to define problem areas, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical procedures/processes and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to prioritize, manage and handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Strong capability with personal computer applications ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Bachelor of Science degree or related discipline desired
- Experience working in a world-class Lean working environment highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of documented world class lean experience. (Transactional & Manufacturing)
- Strong quantitative, analytical and systematic ability to dissimilate multiple sources of data to derive a logical course of direction.
Ability to travel 30-50%
Main Office (Nashville, TN)
Primary Location: NASHVILLE-Tennessee
Job: Operational Excellence
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 9:20:43 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.