Ingersoll Rand Rotary Assembly Team Lead in MOCKSVILLE, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- Acts as an extension to Management in theirrespective department.
- Support the interview & selection processes.
- Assumes additional leadership role whenever thedepartment supervisor or manager is out.
- Ensures department is run effectively withpriority on safety, quality and production.
- Assigns work schedules.
- Adheres to all Environmental Health & Safetyresponsibilities, including participation in accident investigations.
- Assures the Quality of all products producedmeets or exceeds standards.
- Improves our on-time delivery metrics byproducing quality products and shipping them by deadline.
- Works with continuous improvement group tofacilitate improvements and streamline processes.
- Ensures all employees have tools and suppliesneeded to perform the jobs in their areas.
- Troubleshoots machine, process, product, andpeople issues.
- Assumes responsibility for the Housekeeping inthe area (Assign 5S & Housekeeping duties as needed).
- Ensures that Daily Performance Metrics arecommunicated and met.
- Participates and leads MDI board meetings andactivities.
- Completes Team Leader Development Program (TLDP) and additionalonline or on-site courses as deemed necessary by Department Manager.
- Otherduties as assigned.
- Demonstrated change management skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Supervisory or Leadership experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness tocomplete courses in leadership skills and other related courses (i.e. Lean Training,Problem Solving, 5S, 5 – Why’s, and other as determined by Department Manager). (i.e. Lean Training,Problem Solving, 5S, 5 – Why’s, and other as determined by Department Manager).
Working Conditions & Physical Factors :
- Required to stand; use hands to finger, handle,or feel; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; andtalk or hear.
- Regularlylift and/or move baskets that weigh up to 25 pounds and bar stock that weighsup to 100 pounds. The employee will berequired to lift and/or move bar stock/baskets that vary in weight above theseamounts
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts, machiningoils/coolants from handling coated parts and to coolant/oil mists which arebelow OSHA's permissible levels of exposure.
- Noise level could be loud due to the differentmachinery being operated (i.e. forklifts, hand tools, machines in otherdepartments) and the testing that occurs.
- Normal noise exposure in areas exposed to range from 75-87 dBA; hearing protection is optional in these areas.
Degree Required & Experience Type :
- GED or High School Diploma required, AssociatesDegree preferred
- 3-5years related experience (Internalor External relevant job experience).
- Mustbe flexible, willing to work overtime, shift priorities and assist in otherareas of the plant.
ADA Disclaimer :
Mocksville will provide reasonableaccommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability, unless doingso would create significant difficulty or expense (“undue hardship”).
EEO Disclaimer :
Mocksville encourages and supports equalemployment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employmentwithout regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability,marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status
Employees are expected to perform all dutieslisted above as well all other duties assigned by their manager in order tosupport the overall objectives of the business.
EH&S Disclaimer :
Hourly personnel must:
- Know howto perform your job properly and safely and ask your supervisor when unsure
- Be awareof hazards and avoid them at all times
- Keepwork area clean and orderly
- Actsafely and observe all safe work practices
- Use allrequired safety devices including hand tools and personal protective equipment(PPE)
- Report hazards tosupervisor immediately
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MOCKSVILLE-North Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 10:55:33 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.