Ingersoll Rand Quality Engineer in MOCKSVILLE, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Quality Engineer will effectively administer the Quality Management System in accordance with current procedures, work instructions. Partner with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Program Management, and Supply Chain to meet customer expectations.
- Support operations when quality issues arise to maintain production
- Manage the rejection process for manufactured product and supplied components
- Partner with Operations and Manufacturing Engineering to investigate root causes and drive implementation of corrective and preventive actions for customer complaints and internal issues. Leverage common problem solving tools (9 Step, 8D, A3)
- Administer the deviation process
- Maintain relative ISO procedures and work instructions
- Lead ISO internal audits
Participate in Advanced Quality Planning
- Collect required customer documentation
- Work with team members to drive issue resolution
- Determine and execute continuous improvement opportunities
- Host customers and 3rdparty inspectors
- 3rdParty Compliance Audits
- Applicable BS degree
- 2 years Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Skilled in blueprint reading.
- Knowledge of GD & T.
- Knowledge of parts and features which may be critical in application.
- Skilled and capable of selecting and using various measuring equipment including CMM
- Knowledge of computer data system.
- Ability to make timely decisions and apply sound judgment
- Ability to organize tasks and manage time to complete multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within Air Compressor Group and with suppliers, etc.
- Ability to work in matrix organization.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MOCKSVILLE-North Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 15, 2018, 7:43:49 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.