Ingersoll Rand Manufacturing Engineer in MOCKSVILLE, North Carolina
Job Description: ManufacturingEngineer (PAO / PMO)
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionateabout inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life bycreating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people andour family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protectedveterans.
- Suggests, evaluates, implements & manages multiplemanufacturing projects from beginning to end
- Evaluates, develops and implements machining processes oncurrent or future assets
- Implements capital equipment including evaluation,selection, run-offs, and implementation
- Maintains manufacturing best practices including precisionmachining, lean manufacturing, and machine tool / tooling technologies
- Evaluates non-conforming material and provides properdisposition
- Leads special projects including NPD, insourcing,productivity and capital procurement
- Designs tooling, gages and fixtures using 3D modelingsoftware
- Develops manufacturing routings internal and sub-conoperations
- Leads machine tool installations throughout the entireprocess
- Supports production efforts through troubleshootingmanufacturing issues
- Ensures compliance with ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Supports safety and environmental practices
- Performs other duties assigned by immediate supervisor
- Strong analytical ability to solve issues such as:manufacturing problems and dimensional or calculation errors.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and carry out root causeanalysis.
- Solid understanding of electro-mechanical assembly andmachining processes and overall business operations
- Fluent using inspection tools, techniques and theirapplication to the engineering requirements
- Ability to communicate at all levels internally, customersand suppliers
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques and ability tocreate standard work
- Comprehensive understanding of machine tool operations
- In-depth knowledge of CNC Programming, CAD / CAM / CAE, MSOffice Software, and MS Project
- Competent in advanced engineering drawings includingGD&T and tolerance analysis
- Understanding of rotary screw compressors and/or centrifugalcompressors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Degree Required & ExperienceType:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial or MechanicalEngineering required
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, prefer 7 inmachining manufacturing environment
- Light travel as required
We are committed to helping youreach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitivecompensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensivebenefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building aninclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the differentbackgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation,generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion forinspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies andsocieties operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins withyou.
Primary Location: MOCKSVILLE-North Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 7, 2019, 12:24:01 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.