Ingersoll Rand Assembler in MOCKSVILLE, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- To act as the primary contact with production suppliers concerning procurement, parts delivery, and quality issues and engineering changes.
- Enables assembly operation to produce machines for timely shipments to customers.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels to management objectives
- Locates parts necessary for assembly
- Cleans solvable parts in cleaning solution before assembly process takes place
- Deburrs and grinds parts in preparation for assembly
- Assembles product in an efficient manner to achieve highest quality as per ISO standard
- Assembles special assembly requiring alterations to the product
- Reads blueprints and bill of materials information
- Follows assembly instruction and steps as set forth
- Uses necessary tools to assemble product
- Uses necessary equipment to assemble product
- Disassembles and determines rework needed or if scrap when assembled wrong, write reject
- Installs necessary components
- Performs minor paint touch up as required
- Checks material availability
- Performs some material handling functions
- Identifies ways to improve assembly process and design (continuous improvement)
- Performs quality inspections on parts,
- Uses Statistical Process Control for decreasing the number of defects
- Repairs units and monitors defects to ensure quality
- Notes and explain failures and defects
- Tests components
- Maintains accurate inventory
- Participates in departmental projects, as needed (ex. Lean initiatives, restructuring the cell layout, continuous improvement).
- And other assigned duties
- Ability to learn basic computer skills
- Good command of the English language is required
- Ability to read and understand work orders and other types of reports.
- Higher skill level must analyze information, and present and create reports
- Ability to easily perform basic math abilities including addition, subtraction, division, fractions and decimals
- Ability to interpret graphs and other data required.
- Strong vision and depth perception
- Must be flexible, willing to work overtime, shift priorities and assist in other areas of the plant
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MOCKSVILLE-North Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 17, 2018, 10:23:55 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.