Ingersoll Rand Electrical Engineer in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
AtIngersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around theworld. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family ofbrands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - worktogether to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
ThisPlatform Electrical Engineer will work to research, design and maintain products for theVehicle Powered Truck business. The position will collaboratecross-functionally across multiple regions and have frequent interaction withour global manufacturing facilities, dealerships and customers. The positionwill be responsible for delivering major global New Product Developmentprograms that meet specific performance and Quality/Cost/Delivery goals. ThePlatform Electrical Engineer will also provide engineering support to other functionsincluding Product Management, Manufacturing and Field Service.
Core Job Responsibilities(others may be added):
- Generate,evaluate, analyze, and develop electrical harness and component concepts forsystems and assemblies to meet new product requirements provided by ProductManagement.
- Ensureaccuracy and completeness of engineering designs, drawings, documentation andBills of Materials.
- SupportProgram Management Office in development of project and resource plans, or inthe case of smaller scale projects, the Platform Electrical Engineer will beresponsible to develop and maintain these plans.
- Matchexisting and new technologies to market needs and opportunities.
- Ensurethat DFMEA and DVPR processes are adhered to. Ensure laboratory and fieldtesting activities adhere to our product development processes.
- Protectconfidential and intellectual property (prepare patent disclosures for example).
- Domesticand international travel (up to 20%) may be required.
- Bachelor’sDegree in Electrical Engineering and at least 3 years of work experience withvehicle electrical system design is required.
- Backgroundin vehicle harness/interconnection systems is preferred.
- Experiencewith electric machines, power electronics and automotive networks (CAN forexample) would be an advantage.
- Proficiencywith using electrical tools and instruments to perform tests, troubleshoot andgather data is expected.
- Strongproject planning / management and organizational skills.
- Plantor manufacturing operation experience expected, including Design forManufacturing.
- Demonstratedexperience with Design, Quality & Reliability processes, supplierqualification and part approval requirements.
- Self-motivatedwith strong collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functionalteams spread across multiple geographical regions.
- Basiccost accounting and project viability assessment experience beneficial.
- Strongcommunication skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels ofthe business.
- CreoSchematic proficiency strongly desired. Familiarity with Windchill would be anadvantage.
We are committed to helping you reach yourprofessional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensationthat aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help youlive your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverseculture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds andexperiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generatescreative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: MINNEAPOLIS-Minnesota
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 7, 2018, 4:06:27 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.