Ingersoll Rand Digital Marketing Manager, Content Strategy in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Digital Marketing Manager of Content Strategy will oversee the activities, performance and process of the content strategy and external creative agencies to ensure high quality and timely deliverables. Establish the plan and deliver against the vision to ensure marketing assets are developed with the B2B customer-buying journey in mind to drive purchase intent. Write and optimize content for SEO/SEM using knowledge of best practices and tools.
This role will be also responsible for all social posts and daily social media functionality and follow up. The role will support brand building efforts and new product demand generation and will report directly to the Marketing Leader of North America.
- Write content using key SEO strategies to promote organic rankings within search engines.
- Create content for various digital channels including paid advertising, website copy, blogs, social media and email campaigns, as well as dealer materials
- Create and execute content marketing plans to provide strategic direction for video, graphic and other content creation by working with the marketing team and outside vendors, including videographers, designers, photographers and additional copywriters
- Develop impactful brand and thought leadership content
- Set and align editorial strategy so content is compelling across all delivery streams
- Perform market research, gap analyses and competitor research to identify content opportunities and threats and develop strategies to leverage or mitigate each respectively
- Work with the analytics, digital and demand generation teams to develop and report out metrics for content performance measurement and improvement
- Collaborate with product management, sales, and other key stakeholders
- Think critically and provide creative solutions to grow the Thermo King brand and market penetration
- Utilize buyer personas and customer journey maps to lead consumers down the conversion funnel
- Perform detailed content audits, identify gaps and develop plans to address
- Ensure all content adheres to established brand voice and tone
- Manage expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or other related field
- Proven experience formulating and driving successful digital content strategy and digital advertising plans
- Minimum of 5 years of copywriting/content development work experience
- Experience working with industry tools, including email, web sites and web analytics (Adobe Experience Manager highly desired)
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Excellent verbal and written communication/ presentation skills
- Creative, with ability to produce innovative and original ideas
- Video production experience highly desirable
- Solid project management skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Self-starter with high attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent self-motivation, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of marketing and advertising principles
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MINNEAPOLIS-Minnesota
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 5:06:28 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.