Ingersoll Rand Dealer Affiliated Engineering Intern in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary ：
Under supervision, the intern will work on various engineering assignments for the Transport Solutions engineering team.
Support unit and Aftermarket engineering; this would include design, develop, test, and launch new options, accessories, and equipment for the Thermo King business.Manage projects from feasibility through launch.Activities could include creating project schedules, develop product cost estimates, creation and maintenance of engineering documentation (drawings and Bill of Materials) and developing any associated reliability and test plans.Work with the team to provide Engineering input and support for documents such as product parts manuals, installation instructions and bulletins.Work closely with Product Management, supply, suppliers, Customer Service, Service Dept., Field personnel in all the activities identified above.Project types include New Product Development, Quality & Reliability and VAVE.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Responsible to utilize project management techniques to execute your projects.Set and achieve project goals related to Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Coordinate and participate in the construction of engineering prototypes and support designs through validation, manufacturing, and production.
- Work with the team to proactively assess new and existing products for cost reduction and margin improvement opportunities.
- Ensure Design for Manufacture and Design for Service principles are followed and carry out Design FMEA, DVP&R activities.
- Participate in design reviews and peer reviews per established Ingersoll Rand processes.
- Knowledge of or experience in mechanical systems, refrigeration/HVAC systems, diesel engines, refrigeration/HVAC compressors, sheet metal fabrication, castings, engine starter motors, alternators, generators, microprocessor controllers, contactors, relays and wiring-harnesses.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Work for or be affiliated with a Thermo King dealer
- Completed Sophomore or Junior year in pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Previous internship in engineering would be a plus
- Pro Engineer or similar solids modeling CAD knowledge/experience.
- Good computer skills, including experience with MS Office products. Experience with engineering software (e.g. EES, MatLab, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Work effectively in a team oriented environment
- Must have good conflict management skills and demonstrate versatility in personal interaction.
- Results oriented individual with emphasis on overall team performance.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MINNEAPOLIS-Minnesota
Shift: Day Job
Type: Internship / Co-Op
Posting: Feb 7, 2019, 7:51:37 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.