Ingersoll Rand Account Manager -General Line Compressor Equipment & Services- Boston Metro in MARLBOROUGH, Massachusetts
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Account Manager – General Line
This position will cover Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island territory with the ideal candidate residing in Eastern Massachusetts.
Ingersoll Rand Customer Centers give you the opportunity to be part of a local business creating innovative customer solutions, focused on driving customer satisfaction. Become an integral part of a close-knit team environment, servicing diverse customers representing all facets of industry! Employees of Ingersoll Rand enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
This position is responsible for driving compressed air equipment and service sales in the Industrial market space.
Travel will be within in a defined geographic area.
This position includes sizing, application, sizing and developing of equipment and service quotes, strategizing, prospecting, and developing relationships; in order to achieve revenue targets, maximize profits, increase market share and maintain customer loyalty.
Generate Revenue .
- Key account management and development of lasting relationships with new and existing customers, including both Ingersoll Rand and competitive accounts. Support of key accounts with their energy conservation projects, service plans and support and general account management needs. Keep current with all product knowledge and constant training using our internal development system. Creatively provide solutions to customer needs.
- Responsible for managing and growing existing territory sales within a select set of managed accounts.
- Responsible for annual sales targets and sales growth of the designated territory in both equipment and service.
- Responsible for the effective promotion of assigned products.
- Providing market and competitor analysis
- Securing long-term development of the territory's business and market share growth.
- Maintain quote log and face-to-face customer interactions in order management system (SFA). Record order follow-up activities (e.g. delivery), reporting requirements (email) and database requirements. Provide feedback on market conditions.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules (vehicle safety, customer site safety) in the field, as well as in any company or customer locations.
- Provide selling skills and product/services training for dealer sales personnel as well as personnel within customer center.
- Ensure that all orders obtained are error-free. Ensure resolution of all customer disputes. Manage all costs associated with selling efforts, including travel and entertainment expenditures.
- Earn Customer loyalty via troubleshooting to resolve customer satisfaction issues. Managing orders and working closely with the service team on active jobs. Service assistance as needed with product installation communications by resolving open issues.
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of direct sales and sales strategy.
- Maintain current knowledge of the marketplace and market trends through regular contact with customers.
- Produce an annual sales plan encompassing all strategies pertinent to territory growth.
- Maintain an attitude and appearance commensurate with that of a thoroughly professional salesperson.
- Submit accurate expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly plan and review process, including monthly forecasts.
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 - 5 years of equivalent work experience preferred
- Compressed Air or Industrial sales experience preferred
- Proficient at operation of MS Office system, Sales Force, Outlook & Data analysis tools.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Honest, self-motivated, team oriented.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, including verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to: DUI in the previous 5 years, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MARLBOROUGH-Massachusetts
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 7, 2018, 11:15:06 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.