Ingersoll Rand HVAC Estimator in MADISON, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position works closely with Account Managers, Project Managers, sub-contractors, and material suppliers to ensure timely completion of detailed HVAC project cost estimates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
• Responsible for creating the cost estimates consisting of materials, sub-contractors, purchased equipment, labor (start-up, service work, etc.), and other construction-related activities to assist Account Managers in bidding on or determining price of project.
• Develops detailed scope based on Account Managers design-build scope.
• Creates detailed cost estimate based on detailed scope.
• Responsible for the take-off and pricing of purchased equipment to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, etc.
• Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects.
• Maintains competitive advantage by staying current with industry standards.
• Develops the scope of work for sub-contractors.
• Optimizes job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for materials/services.
• Documents work by maintaining files for each job.
• Responsible for holding job pre-bid meeting with Account Managers to review scope, strategy, etc.
• Creates detailed cost estimates including system sketches, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, preliminary proposal, vendor/sub-contractor quotes, and points list.
• Flexibility to work overtime occasionally during peak season.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or Associate's degree in engineering or engineering technology preferred with minimum of 3 years of experience in estimating, engineering, construction management.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MADISON-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 7, 2018, 12:59:58 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.