Ingersoll Rand Trane - Account Manager in LUBBOCK, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for developing long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration and customer retention with building owner accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
Strategic Account Management
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing HVAC system related solutions for the customer’s problems, including financial and performance-based considerations.
- Utilizes Account management process to identify key customers and to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
- Consistently ascertains customer needs and current market opportunities. Assembles and coordinates acquisition team as needed for customers and projects.
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Converts leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying the required sales team members, making assignments, and communicating the next steps in the process.
- Develops multiple relationships with buying influences in the customer’s organization, including facility manager, project managers, project engineers, and purchasing.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
- Provides total account business reports and annual forecasts.
- Maintains an acceptable rate of business acquisition.
Tactical Account Management
- Provides quotes for service repairs, change outs, IAQ, and energy solutions including quotes for time and material as well as fixed price services.
- Contacts responsible parties for purposes of securing renewal of service contracts.
- Prepares and submits required management activity reports.
- Collects project data and compares to the office’s capabilities.
- Gathers or validates preliminary information and performs facility walkthrough to determine level of opportunity.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with customer.
- Estimates project by analyzing and integrating equipment, controls, subcontractors, and services for each project using Trane business systems.
- Develops preliminary project fulfillment schedule.
- Prepares and finalizes preliminary/final proposal. Enters customer/project information into business systems.
- Validates the preliminary proposal with customer.
- Determines proposal price and selling strategy.
- Prepares, negotiates, and reviews agreement/project scope.
- Presents/reviews proposal and/or contract with all buying influences negotiating scope of agreement/project.
- Follows up with buying influences.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project Scope Validation.
- Assists customers in answering technical questions on HVAC systems, Trane Products, and relevant industry issues.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
May directly supervise sales support personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; and appraising performance.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree in engineering, engineering technology or business management or other, coupled with three to five years experience in facilities or HVAC services; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of HVAC systems, service agreements, and Microsoft Office products.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, contracts, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard, and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical office environment with visits to other offices, plants, and job sites. Frequent outdoor travel is required to visit customers. During visits to job sites, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LUBBOCK-Texas
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 4:52:33 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.