Ingersoll Rand Product Engineer in LEXINGTON, Kentucky
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This Product Engineer must have the technical expertise to develop and lead product design projects, supervise product validation testing, drive to root cause for quality and reliability issues, interpret technical agency standards, and conduct projects in accordance with standard engineering practices.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Manage technical activities by serving as project engineer and technical reference for Airside design projects.
- Create new or revise existing drawings and bills of material to meet specific project design requirements.
- Perform design analysis and calculations with accuracy.
- Follow good engineering practices and develop practical solutions.
- Identify multiple solutions, perform trade-off studies and select optimum solution.
- Coordinate completion of technical drawings with designers.
- Participate in Technical Design Reviews to ensure new designs have proper consideration for manufacture/assembly.
- Collaborate with production and engineering to meet project goals (Safety, Quality, Volume, Cost and Delivery).
- Develop, review and implement engineering and process changes to new and existing products.
- Provide support and feedback to the Quality and Operation teams.
- Ensure daily support for production processes ensuring attainment, problem solving and containment driving root cause analysis for permanent corrective action.
- Support the development of Risk Assessments, Design Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (DFMEAs).
- Develop and/or update Trane purchased part Engineering Specifications.
- Define, identify and complete appropriate qualification testing activities.
- Prepare complete schedules and reports for assigned projects.
- Achieve scheduled milestones for assigned projects.
- Participate in RTS/Quality/VA-VE events to identify opportunities to improve product performance and / or reduce cost.
- Ability to travel domestically up to two weeks at a time. Expected travel time less than 10%.
- Ability to support operations on all shifts when requested – 1st(6:30 am - 2:30 pm); 2nd(2:30 pm – 10:30 pm; 3rd (10:30 pm - 6:30 am) or a swing shift (11 am – 8 pm).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and at least 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of HVAC system functions including heat transfer, airflow, filtration and ventilation.
- Must have ability to quickly and efficiently understand, condense and organize information necessary to make engineering decisions.
- Ability to make progress by producing deliverables and completing projects in a multi-tasking environment (several concurrent assignments).
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the understanding application of engineering models and theories, basic statistical techniques, problem solving and prevention, project management and planning tools, process management and improvement tools, lean methodology and visual management.
- Knowledge of product development process, mechanical design testing and qualification methods, design for manufacturing, business systems and business unit operations.
- Must be a self-starter; with a high energy level and a high commitment to career; willing and able to lead a cross-functional team.
- Excellent leadership ability including coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Lean Materials Flow.
- Ability to use visual management and metrics to drive improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to influence without authority, excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint) and Oracle.
- Experience with using Pro/E is preferred.
- Team-oriented proactive change agent with a hands-on collaborative approach in implementation and maintaining operating disciplines while leveraging lean methodologies; leads positively and optimistically.
- Provide product engineering support to other functions within the business.
- Experience with application of various components used within HVAC systems such as coils, filters, dampers, motors and fans.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: LEXINGTON-Kentucky
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 11:30:19 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.