Ingersoll Rand Engineering Specialist II in LAVISTA, Nebraska
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary： Responsible for hardware and software design activities for small building automation systems. Applies engineering principles and practices for work on assigned projects. Designs cost effective control solutions to meet project requirements.
Responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for design and programming activities utilizing direct digital controls
- Responsible for the sequences of operation which meet the project requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing contract documents and conducting job surveys.
- Responsible for creating installation drawings, submittal drawings, as-built drawings, and transition to service.
- Reviews equipment submittals for incorporation into design.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Setup the graphical interface and network connections for the controls.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing onsite work
- Generates Operation & Maintenance Manuals..
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital control systems.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, communication with staff, providing customer feedback and solutions.
- Capability to advise and guide Level I Engineering Specialist.
- Some travel possible with occasional overnight stays.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field of study preferred; or Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year
college or technical school with a certificate in HVAC, AAS, or BAS; with a minimum of two (2) years related experience;
or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and engineering drawing
tools. Proficient computer skills are required. Familiarity with the concepts of new construction and renovation/retrofit.
Post hire, employee must successfully complete Level 1 Engineering Specialist Training and/or passed the competency
exam (Employee should work with their manager to identify time frame to complete required training. Completion of this
training does not mean an employee will be moved to the next level.)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings. Ability to write reports,
and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and
algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, walk, sit, and use hands to
operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical office environment with occasional visits to job sites which includes outdoor work and work
in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the job site visits, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock
and occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or
airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Product Knowledge-Intermediate
- Customer & Competitor Insights-Intermediate
- Project Management 1-Intermediate
- Product Application Knowledge-Intermediate
- Customer Centric-Intermediate
- Build Trusting Relationships-Intermediate
- Customer value creation-Intermediate
- Quality Orientation-Intermediate
- Project Estimating-Intermediate
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LAVISTA-Nebraska
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 7, 2018, 7:58:11 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.