Ingersoll Rand TRANE - Senior Boiler Technician - Albany, NY in LATHAM, New York
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The BestCompany for Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone
SUMMARY: Provides Boiler service and maintenance forcommercial/industrial customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for servicing product and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintenance, repair, and installation of boilers. (Hot water/Steam)
- Maintenance, repair, and installation domestic hot water systems
- Perform combustion analysis
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses & repairs boilers.
- Checkout & troubleshooting of boilers.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Keeps current all manufacturers' products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair.
- Provides technical support to customers
** Must be flexible towork overtime & weekends as required
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 5-10 years of experience in HVAC specifically servicing boilers; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is required.
- Any State or local licensing required to maintain, repair, andinstall boilers (Hot water/Steam) and domestic hot water systems.
- Experience on all fueltypes: Oil, Natural Gas, Propane
- EPA Certification Preferred
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Valid Driver’s License with no major/frequent traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in previous 5 years.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LATHAM-New York
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 7, 2018, 11:16:36 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.