Ingersoll Rand Supervisor-Plant in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Supervises and coordinates daily operation of production shift with responsibility for achieving maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner. Actively participates in all areas of employment, performance evaluations, associate relations, and associate development while promoting total employee involvement.
- Ensures a safe work place is provided for all employees; frequently inspects department for safety compliance. Completes incident reports and schedules appropriate follow-up reviews; identifies incidents related to operator/machine error and initiates necessary training to prevent future accidents.
- Supervises the activities of production associates to achieve objectives with regard to quality, cost and time.
- Reviews daily schedules and production capabilities to assure all deadlines are met. Coordinates and expedites hot parts and assigns work.
- Inspects and monitors production quality and equipment. Ensures quality procedures/practices are applied to the process, tooling, and equipment to achieve expected quality improvements.
- Supervises the utilization of materials to assure an appropriate amount of parts are available to maintain smooth production flow; identifies wasteful practices and methods; reports any problems/concerns with viable solutions to the management team.
- Promotes and supports the company's efforts in associate involvement concepts, and "open door" communications through the development and or implementation of various programs.
- Promotes commitment to quality through attitude, behavior, communication, and development/implementation of programs and activities.
- Communicates/updates shift management of daily problems and concerns, identifying areas needing attention to ensure the continuity of the operation.
- Supervisory Management Associates Degree preferred
- Working knowledge of Lean principles
- Experience leading teams of 10 to 40 operators in fast paced production environment
- Maintains close contact with the mechanical engineering group to develop and maintain gauges, fixtures and SOEs.
- Works with design engineering group to incorporate new product development and improvements. Investigates the Root Cause of defects and scrap, implementing corrective action.
- Work requires periodic stooping/bending and frequent walking/standing throughout day.
- Requires occasional lifting of objects less than 25 pounds.
- Work involves activities that require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, machines, welders or vehicles.
- Requires use of protective clothing.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 10:53:54 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.