Ingersoll Rand Product Manager, Extended Warranty in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
We have an exciting opportunityfor a product manager to join our Trane Service organization leading theExtended Warranty business for North America. This role is responsible for drivingthe growth and profitability of the commercial portfolio in accordance withleadership expectation through development and execution of product and pricingstrategy. The ideal candidate would have finance and analytics experiencecoupled with a strong mechanical aptitude. The position requires extensiveinteraction and collaboration with colleagues across district offices, avariety of functional teams within the corporation, and the Service ProductGrowth Team.
- Develop and deliver growth strategy plan forCommercial HVAC extended warranty business while driving diversification andmanaging risk within the portfolio
- Monitor market for warranty best practices andexternal benchmarking; incorporate into Extended Warranty strategy
- Develop and deliver pricing strategy forExtended Warranty products in conjunction with new equipment launch and withinexpected margins
- Collaborate with peer product managers toestablish extended warranty offerings that compliment product/system sales
- Educate and promote offerings through the salesand service organizations while teaming with marketing to develop andcommunicate key messaging and collateral
- Manage financial performance, AOP and forecast, revenueallocation process, and monthly reporting
- System set up of warranty offerings, pricing,and configuration rules
- Develop and maintain Extended Warranty terms andconditions in coordination with legal
- Develop and maintain policy (MOPP) for sale andadministration of Extended Warranty coverage
- Partner with Americas Accounting leadership inmanagement of Extended Warranty reserves and manage processes to adhere to GAAPand legal guidelines
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-player skills required
- Mechanical aptitude to understand Trane commercial equipment and repairs
- Must be tactful, assertive, and an effective and clear decision-maker under pressure situations
- Ability to lead through influence
- 5 years experience in relevant field required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, or related field required
- Data analytics experience preferred
- HVAC and/or insurance industry experience is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25%
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Other Locations: North America-United States-North Carolina, North America-United States-Minnesota
Job: Product Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 30, 2018, 6:33:39 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.