Ingersoll Rand Materials Engineer in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane/Ingersoll Rand needs you as an integral part of the Materials Engineering team to advance the development of innovative air conditioning and refrigeration components/systems within Trane’s Materials and Chemistry Team in La Crosse, Wisconsin. This job requires diverse knowledge of the properties and uses of metals and alloys for use in compressors, heat exchangers, and indoor climate control system design. Responsibilities include the investigation of metal shaping, joining, fatigue, corrosion, and materials selection and performance under design stresses and challenging system conditions.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Provide metallurgical support and materials selection direction for new technology platforms, new product development, and reliability projects for HVAC&R systems and components.
- Apply material knowledge to the interpretation and creation of specifications, drawings, and engineering standards.
- Guide and direct metallurgical evaluations and write technical reports to communicate results. Interact closely with multi-disciplinary teams including product design engineers, quality, reliability, manufacturing, and product development to support failure resolution, new technology applications, and product development efforts.
- Lead and participate in engineering projects using engineering tools and lab instrumentation such as SEM, EDS, mechanical testing, hardness fatigue, corrosion & weathering, and advanced optical metallographic techniques.
- Less than 10% overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Engineering (or other similar discipline) is required.
- Strong background in metallurgical/materials engineering
- Experience with failure analysis and metallurgical testing instrumentation & techniques using destructive & non-destructive methods, such as SEM, EDS, metallography, mechanical testing.
- Proficient in problem solving with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Type: Entry Job/Early Talent
Posting: Nov 21, 2018, 12:48:53 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.