Ingersoll Rand Material Project Manager in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Material Project Manager is responsible for driving transformational change through the use of Lean tools within the factory. This position is expected to lead efforts to compress cycle times, improve inventory turns, improve service and reduce waste in all Materials processes. In addition, this position will regularly interface with suppliers, global procurement, operations, hourly plant personnel, engineering, finance, and plant leadership. This is the primary communication link between leadership teams and project teams; works with both project teams and leadership teams to deliver projects on schedule and on budget; identifies and updates risk profile and contingencies as well as developing options during the course of the project.
- Lead site Rapid Improvement Events that focus on Materials Management processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Document what is normal state and identify actions to correct abnormal conditions
- Develop and manage the reporting system that compares gaps to what is normal and publish explanations for variances
- Utilizes lean manufacturing tools to identify service, cash, and/or cost savings opportunities
- Works with the Materials Manager to develop and prioritize a projects pipeline for the group
- Works with Materials Management group to improve measurements, analysis, development, and implementation of tools such as gap analysis, process performance, problem escalation, standard work, and cycle time reduction
- Works with Finance, Engineering and Materials group to manage slow moving inventory
- Responsible for phase in/phase out activities associated with managing obsolete inventory and setting PFEP for new materials
- Assists the Materials team with new product introduction and team related project completion
- Develop, implement and drive adherence to standard work as set by the materials council across the functions
- Drive continuous improvement activities by establishing and executing a daily materials Gemba walk in all functional areas
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering discipline preferred
- Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments preferred
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes preferred
- Experience with visual management/pull systems a plus
- Knowledge of personal computer applications required (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- APICS certification preferred and/or line of sight to certification within 24 months desired
- 3 - 5 years of project management and/or manufacturing experience required
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 4, 2018, 2:35:45 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.