Ingersoll Rand Application Support Analyst Intern in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position is responsible for analyzing, testing, and supporting application systems.Activities include debugging, testing, and documenting for various applications.Individual must coordinate activities with Application owners, Business Analysts, End User Support, and other Information Systems groups including Contractors.In addition, individual must be able to troubleshoot and assist with upstream and downstream systems.
- Provide application testing and support for enhancements and maintenance for assigned systems.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Develop and execute unit test plans and participate in integration, system, and acceptance testing.
- Perform ad-hoc queries and data analysis when required.
- Provide 2nd level support/technical expertise to help desk support personnel.
- Work with geographically distributed team members, users, and customers.
- Sophomore or junior full-time student seeking bachelor's degree or second year student in associate degree program in computer science, information technology, software engineering, or other technology-related field.
- Experience with creating and executing SQL statements for Oracle or SQL Server databases is required.
- Experience with Visual Studio.net languages (C#) and environments is a plus.
- Experience with Java is a plus.
- Experience with mobile application development is a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in an environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects at once and effectively prioritize tasks.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Type: Internship / Co-Op
Posting: Sep 18, 2018, 3:38:23 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.