Ingersoll Rand Modelling Engineer in Karnataka, India
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Ingersoll Rand is currently looking for Matlab engineer for developing physical system models from first principles using Matlab and Simulink. Engineer is also expected to optimize the plant model and port the plant model to the HiL system.
1. Develops, validates and maintains plant models for physical system such as compressor, heat exchanger and valves
using Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow.
2. Use the test data to fine tune the plant model
3. Use existing subsystem repository to create new subsystem variant.
4. Works closely with global team members, cross-functional associates and internal customers in dynamic
environment, to collaborate, gather requirements, provide updates/reports, training etc.
5. Works in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts, Controls and System engineers to create and implement the plant
model for the specific subsystem.
6. Collaborate with internal customers to address design and control algorithm challenges through modeling and
7. Documents work per established internal standards and suggest improvements to procedures.
8. Good understanding of thermodynamics of compression and heat exchange process
1. Minimum B.E./B.Tech Preferably in Mechanical Engineering, (M.Tech optional)
2. Demonstrated practical experience of working with MATLAB/Simulink and Stateflow is required.
3. Minimum Industry Experience of 7- 10 years required.
1. Experience in physical modeling using Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow
2. Physical modeling experience from first principles
3. Preferably good experience in Model in Loop and Hardware in Loop testing
4. Good communication skills
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Karnataka-India
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 21, 2018, 3:32:57 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.