Ingersoll Rand Design Engineer in Karnataka, India
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Thisposition would require to work on product design engineering and projectmanagement activities and will be highly accountable for delivery, meetingquality, cost and schedule.
- Understanding project requirements and work closely with cross functional teams across the globe for delivery of project responsibilities adhering to engineering standards & process.
- Solving complex technical problems in a structured approach using engineering problem solving tools.
- Develop product development plans that include product cost and project cost and schedule estimating
- Understanding various task associated with different project phases plan, identify risk and develop mitigation plan for meeting QDC.
- Prepare, participate and present project gate meetings, critical design reviews, and technical discussion with global cross functional team.
- Develop concepts, convert to detail design, develop component specifications, select components or to work with suppliers for development of the same.
- Manage projects following PLM process. Create and release of engineering documentation in PLM / PDM.
- Co-ordinate with cross functional team to implement design changes.
B E in Mechanical/AutomobileEngineering with good academics with 3-5 years of experience in product designand development in automobile industry.
- Proficient in NPD phase gate process.
- Experience in design & development sheet metal, casting & machined automotive components.
- Knowledge of material selection & application.
- Experience/Exposure in automotive structural engineering.
- Hands on experience in DFMEA and test plan development.
- Proficiency in tolerance stack up.
- Proficiency in design calculations.
- Exposure to prototyping and testing methods.
- Good understanding of GD&T for design application considering manufacturing process & tooling limitations.
- Sound knowledge of engineering basics.
- Proficiency in Windchill & CreO.
- Knowledge of automotive standards like SAE, ANSI etc.
- Knowledge of any analysis tool be an added advantage.
- Very good written & verbal communication.
Experience in design & development sheet metal, casting & machined automotive components.Knowledge of material selection & application.Experience/Exposure in automotive structural engineering.Hands on experience in DFMEA and test plan development.Proficiency in tolerance stack up.Proficiency in design calculations.Exposure to prototyping and testing methods.Good understanding of GD&T for design application considering manufacturing process & tooling limitations.Sound knowledge of engineering basics.Proficiency in Windchill & CreO.Knowledge of automotive standards like SAE, ANSI etc.Knowledge of any analysis tool be an added advantage.Very good written & verbal communication.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Karnataka-India
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 23, 2018, 11:26:23 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.