Ingersoll Rand TRANE - HVAC/Controls Technician - Hunt Valley, MD in HUNT VALLEY, Maryland
At Ingersoll Rand we'repassionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality oflife by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Ourpeople and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air inhomes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increaseindustrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to aworld of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information,visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The BestCompany for HVAC Controls Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone
This role is the primary service and maintenance contact forIngersoll Rand/Trane Customers in a defined market with a diverse commercialbase including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, EducationInstitutions and Office Complexes. In this extremely unique role blending yourHVAC and Controls knowledge, you will be responsible for retrofitting newsystems, diagnosing, and repair of environmental-control systems, utilizingknowledge of electronics, direct digital control, airflow, hydronics, refrigerationtheory, and control and mechanical techniques in diverse commercial settings.Additionally, you would be expected to engage in retrofit and repair ofenvironmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory,pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. It serves to Promote and MaintainCustomer Relationships through delivering world class customer service.Trane/Ingersoll Rand affords you the opportunity to work directly for a leadingmanufacturer giving you access to technical support, training on newesttechnology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity for growth.
- Establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as need or requested by customers. Communicate with Customer and or Project Manager inspection/service findings.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction to include training and follow-up training.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Organizes and complies with all pertinent documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to successfully manage the businesses required reports.
- Independently manages daily business needs by identifying parts to order for repairs and determines the urgency of the requirement.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital controls and HVAC mechanical systems.
- Initiates the direction of the customer to the appropriate sales contact as necessary.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in control/mechanical systems, or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience are required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous5 years
Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personaland financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with ourbusiness strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest.We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages aswell as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee,which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances ourcustomer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing aboutbold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong withIngersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: HUNT VALLEY-Maryland
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 8, 2018, 2:33:34 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.