Ingersoll Rand Trane- HVAC Controls Technician- Honolulu, HI in HONOLULU, Hawaii
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for thecommissioning, diagnosis, and repair of environmental-control systems,utilizing knowledge of electronics, direct digital control, airflow, hydronics,refrigeration theory, and control techniques.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.Other functions may be assigned:
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloadingprogramming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, interpretingcontrol drawings, plans, and specifications, to mount, assemble, test, andprogram the system.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs direct digitalcontrol systems at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys,replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs byexamining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials andcoordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment,and documents all related activities.
- Provides training and follow-up training atcustomer site.
- Provides sales leads to appropriate personnel.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on eachjob, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Records parts, material, labor, and other costdata per assignment and returns unused resources.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in atimely manner.
- Represents company by serving as a directcustomer contact.
- Identifies parts to order for repairs andtimeliness of need.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerninginstallation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digitalcontrol systems.
- Provides technical support to customers onassigned projects.
- Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle conditionand literature supplies.
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of servicemanuals, scheduling, completed repairs and maintenance service.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting forsigns of wear.
- Regular travel requirements with occasionalovernight stays.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, asrequired.
This job has no supervisoryresponsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representativeof the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree orequivalent from two-year college or technical school or six (6) monthsexperience in control systems; or equivalent combination of education andexperience.
Ability to read and comprehendsimple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Ability to write simple correspondence.Ability to effectively present information inone-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and otheremployees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract,multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, commonfractions, and decimals.Ability tocompute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems,collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpretan extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram formand deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those thatmust be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions ofthis job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties ofthis job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger,handle, or feel, talk, and hear.Theemployee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop,kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee isoccasionally required to sit.Theemployee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently liftand/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75pounds.Specific vision abilitiesrequired by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representativeof those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions ofthis job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires working outdoors, inmechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions.While performing the duties of this job, theemployee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.The employee is frequently exposed to wetand/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles;outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); andvibration.The employee is occasionallyexposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat.The noise level in the work environment isusually loud.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: HONOLULU-Hawaii
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 11, 2019, 4:39:11 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.