Ingersoll Rand Maintenance Apprentice in HASTINGS, Nebraska
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Essential Functions: Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
Assist with repairs on machines, equipment, buildings and grounds
Work towards gaining essential skill sets to become Maintenance Mechanic
Education: High school diploma or GED
- Forklift Certification
- Aerial Lift Certification
- Certified Apprentice Electrician
- Certified Apprentice Gas Fitter
- Procure and reconcile purchases made for Maintenance Repair and Operations
- Quality of work performed and Customer Satisfaction
- Pursues Process improvements
- Experience with hand tools
- Must be comfortable with working at heightsIntroductory Level:Primary focus is learning the process
- Successful completion of introductory period (6 months)
- Understands, accepts, and supports vision and key business goals
- Supports and demonstrates a well-organized, safe and clean workplace
- Basic understanding, support and commitment to the team and continuous improvement
- Identifies possible solutions when communicating problems
- Is able to understand and work within the guidelines of the corrective work order system and the preventive maintenance schedule
- Understands the importance of safety, quality and delivery and cost
- Responsive to customer needsEssential Functions (Maximum Timeframe 6 months)
- Qualify to perform preventive maintenance of all Level 1 equipment through training with a qualified technician
- Complete Electrical Safety, Work at Height, Confined Space, LOTO and Hot Work Permit training.
- Demonstrate ability to follow safety procedures related to these critical safety programs.
- Become a certified apprentice electrician
- Become a certified apprentice gas fitter
- Demonstrate ability to perform quality work within the guidelines of the corrective and preventive maintenance work systems.Qualified Level:Primary focus is demonstrating process knowledge and contributing to overall process improvement
- Accountable for individual and team goals and results
- Understands, measures, and implements improvements against goals
- Is committed to a continuous self-development plan
- Competent use of 9 step problem-solving process
- Pursues process improvements
- Sets-up processes without assistance
- Works to improve safety, quality, delivery and costEssential Functions (Maximum Timeframe 24 months)
- Competent at balancing multiple priorities and projects as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to perform work within the guidelines of the corrective and preventive maintenance work systems on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Combines multiple skills too independently and competently to perform corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance on plant production and facility equipment.
A comprehensive benefit package is effective on date of hire and includes medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance. A Healthcare Savings Account is available with possible cost of deductible offset. 401K dollar for dollar match up to 6%. 11 paid holidays. Vacation. Safety shoe and safety glass program. Employees begin earning vacation hours on date of hire.
Entry level pay for this position is $18.54/hour (plus 75 cent/hour shift differential pay) with potential to increase to $21.57/hour (plus 75 cent/hour shift differential pay) after 6 months.
This position qualifies for a $1000 sign-on bonus.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: HASTINGS-Nebraska
Shift: Night Job
Posting: Oct 29, 2018, 8:35:43 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.