Ingersoll Rand Trane - Senior Account Manager in FORT WORTH, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Senior Account Manager is responsible fordeveloping long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetrationand customer retention.
ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may beassigned.
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Collects project data and compares to the office’s capabilities.
- Converts leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying the required sales team members, making assignments, and communicating the next steps in the process.
- Develops multiple relationships with buying influences in the customer’s organization, including facility managers, project managers, project engineers, construction, and purchasing.
- Gathers or validates preliminary information and performs facility walkthrough or other commitment.
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all of the customer’s facility requirements.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with customer.
- Develops project fulfillment schedule.
- Selects, prices, and integrates equipment, controls, and services for each project.
- Prepares, finalizes, and reviews preliminary proposal.
- Validates the preliminary offering with customer.
- Determines proposal price and selling strategy.
- Prepares and reviews contract terms and conditions using standard Trane contract templates when applicable.
- Presents the proposal to the customer.
- Follows up with buying influences.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project Scope Validation.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
- Provides total account business reports and annual forecasts.
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing facility-related solutions for the customer’s problems, including financial and performance-based considerations.
- Consistently ascertains customer needs and current market opportunities. Assembles and coordinates project team as needed for customers and projects.
- Assesses target markets to analyze potential opportunity.
- Provides marketplace feedback, including competitive information, customer expectations, industry trends, etc.
- Presents the performance contracting or other complex Trane offering conceptually to executive buyers.
- Manages internal and external engineering/project management resources through job development.
- Interfaces with AMS process manager and technical support.
- Facilitates financing and legal/contract review process.
- Meets or exceeds gross margin requirements.
- Minimize risk by developing sound monitoring and/or service plan requirements.
- Manages tasks associated with complex sales cycles.
- Relates customer’s needs to the appropriate people in the office.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
May directlysupervise sales support personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities inaccordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning,assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding anddisciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representativeof the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business from four-year college or university; completion of the Trane graduate training course (preferred); and 4-10 years relevant experience.
- Must possess extraordinary drive to pursue opportunities
- Candidates must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Many of the sales activities are limited to these forms of communication and proficiency at a high level is mandatory.
- Exceptional presentation skills are mandatory. The ability to present to a large audience of “C level” decision makers persuasively and with ease is mandatory.
- Proven talent for making effective cold calls to target companies highly preferred.
- Proven expertise to develop relationships from a cold call or networking activity highly preferred.
- Proven ability to listen, extrapolate information and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to customer needs.
- Ability to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply new knowledge required.
- 50% travel required
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: FORT WORTH-Texas
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 15, 2018, 9:52:52 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.