Ingersoll Rand Senior Material Planner - Team Lead in EVANS, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionateabout inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life bycreating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people andour family of brands—includingClubCar®,IngersollRand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,AmericanStandard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes andbuildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Sr. Material Planner – Team Lead is responsible for purchased materialplanning process from placing purchase order, follow up with supplier todeliver product to production assembly lines and/or service parts. Plansengineering change and coordinates into production when appropriate. Providesother support to production and management as required. Responsible forpurchased material planning process for nonstandard and drop shipments fromplacing purchase order, follow up with supplier to deliver product toproduction assembly lines and/or a drop shipment location. This role will leada small team of Material Planners.
- Plans all purchased parts within responsibility area. Make decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, and capacity. Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels to support production plan.
- Places and maintains purchase orders for raw materials within responsibility area. Works with suppliers to expedite or defer materials as dictated by changes in internal and external customer requirements and to meet production and inventory objectives.
- Works independently with suppliers to manage material supply to ensure on time deliveries.
- Plans Service Parts requirements for purchased common material to meet external customer’s variable demand.
- Facilitates problem resolutions with Accounts Payable related to purchase orders/ invoicing and pricing.
- Maintains accurate purchase order information in the ERP system. Modifies order release due dates, quantities, and closes purchase orders, etc., based on planning demand.
- Plans engineering changes to ensure ECN instructions are clear and compiled. Works with Production and Purchasing to stop procurement of material affected by change. Keeps designated engineers informed of ECN implementation status; coordinates proper rotation of inventory to minimize scrap/reworked parts at incorporation time.
- Reviews bill of material changes and updates ERP system with planner, lead times, and order policy information to ensure proper planning of new parts into production. Establishes effectively dates and monitors inventory levels of new and old parts to minimize cost impact.
- Facilitates the Engineering Change until incorporation.
- Represents Production Planning and Analysis at various meetings and relays related information to production planning and analysis staff.
- Collects information, complies into standard formats, prepares monthly reports and other management reports as requires.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4 years of planner/buyer experience in a manufacturing environment
- APICS (CPIM) or equivalent certification preferred.
- Experience leading a team.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, quality control, and planning processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to understand manufacturing engineering processes and to interpret blueprints.
- Possess good mathematical skills and the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- International purchasing experience desired.
- Lean or structured problem solving experience preferred.
We are committed to helping youreach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitivecompensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensivebenefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building aninclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the differentbackgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation,generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion forinspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies andsocieties operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins withyou.
Primary Location: EVANS-Georgia
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 7:35:04 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.