Ingersoll Rand Director, Financial Reporting & Accounting - LATAM in Estado de México, Mexico
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Reporting directly to the VP, Chief Accounting Officer and matrix reporting to the VP Finance, Latin America Strategic Business Unit (SBU), the position is responsible for accounting operations, period end closing, financial statements and reporting, related financial compliance, and leading the record to report resources in the Latin America region for Ingersoll Rand.The position will serve on the both the Latin America Strategic Business Unit (SBU) finance leadership team and the Chief Accounting Officer leadership team, and will support various business units operating in Latin America. The position supports the market leading Ingersoll-Rand, Trane, and Thermo King brands across the region. The position is the primary accounting contact for SBU and corporate finance stakeholders in Latin America.The position is required to partner with business unit leadership to deliver accurate and timely financial information and lead process standardization and improvements across the region. The position is responsible for accurate and timely statutory reporting for the legal entities in countries including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Panama, Peru, Venezuela and the headquarters entities in the United States.
The candidate will demonstrate a solid understanding of business fundamentals and have strong financial and technical accounting skills. The candidate should be able to effectively synthesize and consolidate business results from multiple information sources and have strong management competencies; also essential are highly developed communications capabilities and presentation skills.The successful candidate will also champion a highly collaborative work style and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Lead the Record to Report Operations in Latin America – Improve Accounting Processes & Standard Work Deployment, Monitor and Ensure Period End Closing to Schedule, Effective Closing Review and Reporting.
- Provide operational leadership and development to team located in Mexico, Brazil, South and Central America, including Panama, as part of Record to Report function.
- Continue the shared services deployment for record to report in the Latin America region and support other regions as needed.
- Collaborate with Record to Report Regional Leaders in North America, EMEA and Asia to support common programs, standard process improvements, and financial compliance initiatives across a large, diversified multinational company.
- Lead the accounting team in the Panama trading hub, which is a regional operation that consolidates order and financial flows to support the enterprise trading platform model.
- Identify and implement Financial Compliance improvements, responsible for financial controls, resolve internal and external audit issues related to General Ledger and Financial Reporting, ensure account reconciliations meet standard of internal control, fully support SOX program requirements.Ensure compliance to financial policies (FICAP), US GAAP, and internal Standards of Internal Control.
- Monitor and ensure compliance to Statutory Reporting and Tax Filings on-time to legal requirements.Ensure effective Tax Stream system reporting to schedule and effective collaboration with Tax and Legal functions.
- Financial support to Key Strategic Business Unit priorities in the region and functional stakeholders in the region.Engage and create financial solutions for Latin America business requirements while adhering to global design principles – to improve operating performance, implement standard work, and ensure business success.
- Manage the monthly closing process and associated financial reporting ensuring compliance with corporate deadlines and requirements.Manage consolidation process including trial balance reviews and submissions, and supplemental requirements.
- Bachelors in finance, accounting or related field
- Advanced degree, CPA (or equivalent), or MBA preferred
- 15 years finance/accounting experience, with strong business acumen and understanding of US GAAP, local statutory requirements and shared services deployments and management.
- Experience with working in the United States for a large, multinational public company (SEC registrant).
- At least 10 years of years of general accounting experience, with responsibility for closing cycle in complex, short-cycle, multi-business unit environment; managing and supporting statutory/regulatory requirements; proficiency with general accounting system design; responsibility for issuing internal financial statements.
- Experience with revenue recognition, chart of accounts, account reconciliations, general ledger and sub-ledger, inter-company accounting, sales and manufacturing accounting, fixed assets and statutory reporting.
- Working knowledge of financial systems and applications, including Oracle GL and Hyperion Financial tools
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of accounting industry standards and best practices and keeps current with industry standards
- Bilingual-Minimum: Strong Proficiency with both English and Spanish is required. Portuguese is a plus.
- Able to organize and work constructively to meet tight deadlines, enjoys a challenging and fast-paced work environment
- Values diversity and is comfortable in dealing with different cultures
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins withyou.
Primary Location: Estado de México-Mexico
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 3:42:38 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.