Ingersoll Rand NA Payroll Leader and Global Process Owner in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The North America Payroll Services Leader is responsible for providing strategic leadership and operational delivery for best in class payroll, payroll tax and time & attendance operations for a $2B payroll throughout US, Canada and Puerto Rico for approximately 30,000 active employees and retirees. This position offers the opportunity to transform the Payroll organization with a focus on quality, customer satisfaction, operational excellence, process governance and controls, automation and optimization of external partnerships.
- Develop NA payroll strategy and ensure alignment and delivery of global Hackett initiatives with Payroll and Time & Attendance.
- Lead design and implementation of the NA Payroll model, including use of outsource partners while leveraging operational excellence (lean) methodologies.
- Lead a team of 25 experienced payroll professionals and a $3M AOP
- Build a winning culture in Payroll through a highly engaged team with a focus on building trust and teamwork and a focus on employee growth and development. Strong focus on performance and talent management.
- Build a progressive, diverse and inclusive culture by leveraging the talents of all our payroll employees.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local laws payroll laws and regulations.
- Provide technical and functional payroll expertise in process design and improvements.
- Leverage customer satisfaction surveys and other VOC to identify opportunities and drive improvements.
- Ensure compliance to all SOX controls and prompt remediation of deficiencies as per the HR Services resolution standards.
- Develop payroll automation strategy and successful implementation of robotic process automation (RPA).
- Maintain sound internal controls and record retention to ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policy.
- Ensure encryption/protection of PII and other confidential information and access control to Payroll systems
- Ensure all year-end payments such as bonuses, garnishments, special withholdings, tax filings and W-2’s are processed timely and accurately.
- Provide Payroll leadership support during acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures.
- Ensure ownership and governance of process documentation (catalog of services, process maps, job aides, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), service partnership agreements (SPA’s), key performance indicators (KPI’s), etc.)
- Actively participate in professional organizations, leverage external networks and publications for benchmarking and insight into what is happening in the industry to improve quality, delivery, cost and speed.
- Ensure delivery of metrics and data analytics, scorecards for site performance.
- Enhance our advanced analytics to identify and recover overpayments and duplicate payments.
- Bachelor's degree Required, MBA a plus.
- Certified Payroll Professional designation
- Experienced payroll professional with 10 years of payroll experience, with leadership capability
- Strong operational experience with proven results that will enable continuous improvement of processes.
- Experience with HR systems, PeopleSoft and Kronos preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal rules and laws.
- Experience working with outsource partners such as ADP.
- Proven team leadership experience and success building an effective payroll team.
- Lean Principles and/or Six Sigma knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge/experience with Robotic Process Automation
- Strong project management and change management experience and skills required.
- Strong relationship management skills required, with proven ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and execute payroll needs in a consistent and timely manner.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Human Resources
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Apr 26, 2018, 12:58:31 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.