Ingersoll Rand Fluid Project Engineer - Fluid Interface design in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we arepassionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance thequality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficientenvironments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , IngersollRand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary ：
The individual will be amember of the product development team as a mechanical design and developmentengineer for the Fluid Management portfolio. Responsibilities include allfacets of the development process. This engineer must have the ability tomulti-task, communicate effectively and work in a fast paced dynamicenvironment. The engineering team is a diverse international group and theposition demands continuous interaction across multiple cultural and timezones.
• Key engineer for new product development project.
• Assist Engineering Team and Manager in all activities to achieve thedepartmental and organizational goals (i.e. Modular Product Architecture,IRPDP, etc.)
• Coordinate activities of team members consisting of engineers, designers andlaboratory technicians.
• Develop detailed specifications, designs, cad models, and lead product and technicaldesign reviews.
• Develop and implement project schedules and resource plans to coordinateactivities of global team members using MS Project.
• Execute to project plans, meeting schedule and cost commitments as well ascustomer requirements.
• Identify areas requiring analysis. Perform design analysis and calculationswith accuracy.
• Follow goodengineering practices and develop practical solutions to customer requirements.
• Identify multiple candidate solutions, perform trade off studies and selectoptimum solution based on customer requirements as defined by the productdesign guide.
• Assist designers with calculations and design, develop test plans, work withlaboratory on assembly, installation, and testing, data reductions, performancecalculations and logical presentation of information in report format, makequality observations throughout the development and integrate themappropriately.
• Coordinate and provide technical support and assistance to other departmentssuch as Assembly, Machining Operations, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Marketing,Quality Assurance, etc.
• Partner closely with suppliers in all technical matters and maintainrelationship throughout the project.
• Create high quality documentation stored in the project file, design manual,and meet ISO 9000 and standard work procedures.
• Preparation/assistanceof Bill of Materials and Engineering Change Request releases consistent withdepartment procedure.
• Provide all technical input for product literature, decals, technical manual,etc.
• Assist in resolving all warranty and field problems.
• Incorporate lessons learned from field issues into new product designsthrough FMEA process.
• Stay current with engineering fundamentals and technology.
• Bachelor’s degree or similar in Mechanical Engineering required
• >7 years productdesign experience
• Product designexperience in pneumatic and hydraulic components: determination of pressureenvelopes, proven dynamic and static seal interfaces
• Product componentdesign experience relevant to machining of engineered polymers and metalcastings
• Design for manufactureexperience especially for injection molding or sandcasting / die-casting / lostwax casting
• Experience with CREO/Pro/Engineer or other 3D solid modeling software
• Demonstratedunderstanding of practical “real world” applications
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Team player capable of working with multiple engineering teams located inUSA, China and India
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in generating project plans with MS Project in orderto deliver on-time, on-cost, and on-specification
• Able to work in a matrix team environment and interact with other teams
• Experience with tools such as Excel, MathCad, MATLAB, EES, etc
• Ability to create test plans and analyze results
• Capable of generating creative and innovative solutions to complexproblems
• Experience in industrial machine design
• Familiar with newproduct development gate review process
• Familiarity withdiaphragm pump design and application
• Familiarity withPiston pump design and application
•Trained and experienced in latest Project Management techniques andsoftware
• Familiar with ANSI Y14.5 drafting standards, GD&T standards, etc.
• Versed in various design tools related to DFSS: DFMEA, 8-D, DOE, DFM&A,etc.
• Competent knowledge of machining and machine shop practices
• FEA analysis is a plus, but not necessary
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well asvalues the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, inturn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 9, 2018, 9:24:25 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.