Ingersoll Rand Director, Product Management Excellence, Lifecycle Services in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The primary responsibility of the Product Management Excellence Director focused on services is to build product management capability across Ingersoll Rand for lifecycle service offerings. Reporting to the VP, Product Management Excellence & Innovation, this role will work with the Product Management Leadership Team, services product managers and portfolio leaders in each of the Strategic Business Units (SBUs), Executive Sponsors and other functional excellence teams to drive services product management capability as part of an enterprise focus on growing our lifecycle services business. This director will leverage Ingersoll Rand’s Product Management framework and their own expertise to develop capability through the development and deployment of standard work and training while actively coaching product growth teams across the organization in support of Ingersoll Rand’s digital transformation.
This role will also be responsible for helping to build and maintain an active and vibrant community of practice across the Product Management function by actively participating in and leading events, being the conduit for industry leading, practices in software product management externally, as well as sharing successful applications of the business operating system across SBUs. The Services Product Management Director will also be responsible for leading/supporting SBU specific and corporate initiatives to develop service solutions for Ingersoll Rand’s customers.
The Product Management Excellence Director for Lifecycle Services is expected to:
· Design and implement a strategy and roadmap to advance product management capabilities in Services Product Management across the company, leveraging Ingersoll Rand’s Product Management framework adapting it specifically to the development of service solutions. The role also oversees the piloting and execution of the implementation plan to ensure effective deployment in the areas of standard processes, talent and learning, and ultimately differentiation of results.
· Work closely with Software Product Management Excellence Director to develop capability around software-enabled service offerings.
· Provide specialized PGT coaching across the Product Management framework focused on lifecycle services, including the use of standard work and the application of processes and tools
· Develop a change management framework for the deployment and adoption of the Product Management framework across services teams.
· Coach and facilitate key stakeholders in business unit leadership towards alignment of the strategy and implementation approach.
· Working across the Product Management Excellence team, provide oversight and appropriate reporting for Model PGTs. Identify interdependencies, gaps, risks and issues both locally and regionally and aide team in resolving gaps to ensure PGT success.
· Nurture and mature a global community practice across Ingersoll Rand for product management, including:
o managing/supporting global product management events,
o development and curation of a virtual community,
o work with the team to help establish and contribute to a knowledge management and analytics system for product management and innovation business operating systems
o work with product managers across the enterprise to identify and communicate examples of successful BOS applications
· Build a strong network of product and portfolio managers focused on lifecycle service solutions to build engagement & trust across product management.
· Stay abreast of new developments in service product management and work both internally and externally to advance the product management BOS in the area of digital solutions and keep the business operating system dynamic and relevant
· Lead/support SBU initiatives aimed at the development of lifecycle service offerings to embed services product management expertise in the business units and help drive results
· Support Product Management Excellence & Innovation team operations
The ideal candidate will be a highly team-oriented executive who will provide bold thinking to stimulate a renewed energetic approach to product management at Ingersoll Rand. Key qualifications include:
· Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
· Minimum of 10-15 years experience as a Services Product Manager or Services Product Marketing Manager with increasing levels of complexity
· Experience managing people and/or influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
· Demonstrated success developing product strategies and defining and launching excellent service solutions across a variety of business models
· 15-20 years of work experience in industrial services with specific experience in lifecycle services for industrial products (preferred)
· Compelling written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact and influence senior leaders in an organization
· Technical background, with experience in engineering preferred
· Passion for process improvement and change agent abilities across a corporation. Able to coach and teach others how to use and apply the business operating system to improve their processes.
· Strong overall business acumen, solid financial grounding and a clear understanding of how our business operates. Excellent judgment and analytical ability to make recommendations/decisions and to resolve complex issues.
· Passion for the development of lifecycle services across industrial business to produce differentiated business results
· Sound program management, analysis, problem resolution, teambuilding, judgment and decision making skills
· Should have a proven track record of innovative solutions
· Strong organization skills and bias for action
· Must be able to travel 25-30% of the time
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Product Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 4, 2018, 10:41:57 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.